Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Parts for Pocket Pro

Is it possible to purchase parts for the Pocket Pro, such as the shell to replace the one that is peeling or even the screen? I had considered refinishing what I have, but the bottom started peeling as well, so I don't want to bother because it was a hassle stripping the top part of it. This is a 1st batch model and I obviously have no warranty since I've already disassembled it.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Hanlin_V5_disassembly
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
Is it possible to purchase parts for the Pocket Pro, such as the shell to replace the one that is peeling or even the screen? I had considered refinishing what I have, but the bottom started peeling as well, so I don't want to bother because it was a hassle stripping the top part of it. This is a 1st batch model and I obviously have no warranty since I've already disassembled it.

I know that our support team is able to replace certain items such as a broken screen, so it's worth a try to ask and see if we have those parts available. Send an email to support@astak.com, and I'll give them a heads-up.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will do. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post

Ack, FWIW, you shouldn't have tried to fix it yourself. The peeling paint is a known problem with the first batch of PPs, so as Robert has said many times in the past, Astak would replace the peeling paint PPs with new ones. All you had to do was contact Astak's tech support.

I'm not sure if Astak would still be willing to replace your PP since you did end up trying to fix it yourself. It might be prudent to ask first.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
RichyRich
Connoisseur

That would have been the 2nd unit I had with the paint and I didn't want to wait for it to get ther and back again. Besides, the Pocket Pros only had a 90 day warranty, so I figured I'd take the time to disassemble it for anyone who may want to refinish or skin their pocket pro sometime in the future.
Advert