Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
OK, call me stupid, but I'm confused. The only Adobe I use is Adobe Digital Editions to download library books. Do I have to change my password? Do I even have a password? I don't remember setting one up, but it's been years since I set up this computer.
S
Did you get an email from them?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #17
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Got the email, changed my password. The password on my Adobe account was the only place I used that password, come to think about it I have a different password on everyone of my on-line accounts, except for B&N they are all at least 12 letter/numbers long.

bernie

Changed my email password.

Last edited by gbm; 10-05-2013 at 09:48 AM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #18
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
OK, call me stupid, but I'm confused. The only Adobe I use is Adobe Digital Editions to download library books. Do I have to change my password? Do I even have a password? I don't remember setting one up, but it's been years since I set up this computer.
S
If you have ADE installed on your computer and you used it to open library books then you must have an account which means you must have a password. If you go to the link provided in the email then you can reset your password and then make a new one. You don't need to know your old password.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #19
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvina View Post
Thanks. But what about my E-Books?

For Adobe DRM ID, you only need an E-Mail and a Password. If Adobe resets the Password, I won't ever know. I'll never see the new Password. And my old Password won't work anymore?
Another good reason to "liberate" your purchases for your personal archive.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvina View Post
Thanks. But what about my E-Books?

For Adobe DRM ID, you only need an E-Mail and a Password. If Adobe resets the Password, I won't ever know. I'll never see the new Password. And my old Password won't work anymore?
I guess the way to go is contacting adobe support to explain the situation. If your account is still valid, maybe you can change the e-mail there.

I mean there HAVE to be a way for peaple changing e-mail adresses.
Right, i tried to connect, message : you have to reset your password, read your mail for link.

As mentioned, you can ask you friend apprentice alf to liberate your books so they won't be lost, even if the "worse" happen.
And adobe says all password have been reset, so you'll be having problem next time you want to authorize a new computer or reader.

You can change adobe id, and / or set a secondary e-mail in case you loose your password

Last edited by EowynCarter; 10-05-2013 at 10:59 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
And this the reason why I do not like Adobe's cloud initiative - it is vulnerable to this type of hacking.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
Arithonne
Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Kobo Glo
If you lose access to your old ADE account and you get a new computer, couldn't you just open a new ADE account with a different email? If you liberate your purchased books, then you'd only have to re-authorize your readers to the new account for library books, but that's probably less of a hassle than having to call Adobe help.

Or am I missing something?
Arithonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arithonne View Post
Or am I missing something?
You're missing that not everyone (in fact, most people) do not remove DRM from their ebooks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Not had an email yet. They also haven't reset my password. Just bought 3 books, which downloaded without any problems to ADE & are now safely in calibre.

Edit: Just tried signing into Adobe this triggered a password reset email to be sent.

Last edited by Polarpenguin; 10-05-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #25
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Hi All,
Thank you for this thread. I was prompted to renter my ADE pw in the Overdrive iOS app repeatedly at 10 am today, which is when, per the Adobe email, someone tried to hack into my account. Naturally, I blamed the Overdrive App for not recognizing my password and blocking me out of my account, triggering a hack message. So, stupid me created the same pw as the one I have been using for many years, thinking it must all be a mistake.

I just changed it to a more secure pw when I read this thread.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #26
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
I haven't had an email but and I've just logged into my Adobe account with my old password and no signs of any messages (in Private or notifications). I'll see what happens later.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #27
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I didn't get any email. After reading here, I tried to log into my account but couldn't. Then I received a notice that I had to get a new password and they sent an email to me.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #28
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I didn't get an email and was just able to use the Android Overdrive app to borrow a book with no problem. I wonder if this means I am not affected?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I didn't get an email and was just able to use the Android Overdrive app to borrow a book with no problem. I wonder if this means I am not affected?
I'd still change it. There's no telling how much was compromise. I wouldn't trust Adobe to figure it all out.

The email showed up after I got the message my password had been reset when I tried to log in. so they send some after you try to log in and some in advance.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-05-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well .... Hmmm .... And if Kobo's and Sony's and Overdrive's Adobe accounts were hacked from within Adobe's structure then that would open up the credit card etc info, eh.

Adobe haven't said which parts of its business was hacked into.

Edit - I know one doesn't provide credit card detail with Overdrive - they're account between libraries and Overdrive and Adobe and somewhere along that line Adobe would get payment.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 10-05-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote