Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #106
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I'll keep it in mind, but it's paid only and in Google play it says they will have their own syncing soon. I won't pay for future promises. I really do need a dark theme too - my vision goes double when I read on a bright white background. Even white text on black gives me problems, but it's easier to use a gray filter on the screen for that.
Try red text on black. The rod cells in your retinas (the ones most sensitive and numerous) do not respond well to red, but the less sensitve and numerous cone cells do respond to red. By not using the rod cells, you are effectively cutting down the light your eye responds to without having to lower the backlight more, or lower the contrast between the text and the background. Astronomers and others professions that rely on night vision use this trick all the time.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #107
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
Woot found my replacement - totally web based and very much like google reader - www.inoreader.com
I still don't know how to rearrange the feeds, but it imported them from google reader just they way they were, so that works for the moment. Site seems in active development - been using it for few days now and it got updated several times. Very slight issue with single articles and Opera browser tho. Free, no adds (so far?)
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #108
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
The import is pretty limited though, it seems to only import 20 items from each feed, only items in a pretty short time period (14 days?) and doesn't import read/unread status.

Last edited by murraypaul; 06-03-2013 at 08:28 AM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #109
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
What I did is read all my google reader news, then imported and marked all as read, thus started clean and using it on 2 computers for several days now, mostly wondering what the difference between the list of themes is, but works great and quite faster than google reader for me.
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #110
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
I was worried about Google closing the reader application but after looking at my feeds, I realized that I don't use it for news or any other item. Most of my usage involved keeping track of various blogs and I have found feeds from those blogs in flipboard, pulse or current. I am sure I will find some other service for reading news if these close. What I have been worried about is my email service, should I be investing in a paid email provider.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #111
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenDonkey View Post
Thanks for mentioning this. Very clean.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote