Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Kindle Comics?

I know that we can take our own time and use Canti or Calibre to convert our own comics to Kindle format. Thats great but not what I mean. Recently I picked up Diary Of A Wimpy Kid and I noticed it isnt available for the Kindle. However its female counterpart, The Dork Diaries is. I wonder, is it any good? I know the book is good but the Kindle version, does it read just like the book? Is it formatted right? Or is it missing all the artwork that makes the book so good?

I guess my question is can the Kindle handle comics? Any chance of us seeing comic strip collections such as Bloom County, Dick Tracy, Calvin & Hobbes, Peanuts, Little Orphan Annie, The Boondocks, any of them on it? What about all these Diary books like Diary Of A Wimpy Kid? Think theyll find their way to the Kindle any time soon? What about manga and other black and white comics? When will they make their way to the Kindle?
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
You can use Calibre to download feeds from Gocomics.com and Comics.com and view the daily strips on your Kindle. The result is quite good, IMO. It's not terribly difficult to parse through the recipes and alter them to download exactly what you want. I have mine set up to download once a day and emailed to my Kindle 3 via wifi so it's free.

I've not looked for Dairy of a Wimpy Kid in ebooks but if the ebook is made well it should display just fine on the Kindle.

I also read manga on my Kindle and it's great for that.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
I know that we can take our own time and use Canti or Calibre to convert our own comics to Kindle format. Thats great but not what I mean. Recently I picked up Diary Of A Wimpy Kid and I noticed it isnt available for the Kindle. However its female counterpart, The Dork Diaries is. I wonder, is it any good? I know the book is good but the Kindle version, does it read just like the book? Is it formatted right? Or is it missing all the artwork that makes the book so good?

I guess my question is can the Kindle handle comics? Any chance of us seeing comic strip collections such as Bloom County, Dick Tracy, Calvin & Hobbes, Peanuts, Little Orphan Annie, The Boondocks, any of them on it? What about all these Diary books like Diary Of A Wimpy Kid? Think theyll find their way to the Kindle any time soon? What about manga and other black and white comics? When will they make their way to the Kindle?
Kindle DX, I've read some mangas there...

Because the screen is so small, I would not recommend to read comics on a Kindle 3, unless is a PDF file, but would not be ideal.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote