Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #91
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Back in business... thanks so much!
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #92
Eweforia
Eweforia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 1
Install Google Play Store Apps on Kindle Fire When You Don’t Have an Android Device

How to Install Google Play Store Apps on a Kindle Fire When You Don’t Have Another Android Device--No rooting, no USB cables; just your Kindle Fire and a PC

I put it all together and wrote down the instructions here:

https://eweforia.wordpress.com/2013/...ndroid-device/

Hopefully this will help some folks. I now have the entire Google Play Store available for my Kindle. -- Eweforia
Eweforia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #93
Kwality
Fervent Reader
Kwality began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire HD
@Eweforia. Works for me. Many, many thanks
Kwality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #94
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eweforia View Post
How to Install Google Play Store Apps on a Kindle Fire When You Don’t Have Another Android Device--No rooting, no USB cables; just your Kindle Fire and a PC

I put it all together and wrote down the instructions here:

https://eweforia.wordpress.com/2013/...ndroid-device/

Hopefully this will help some folks. I now have the entire Google Play Store available for my Kindle. -- Eweforia
Skip the Apk Share backup step entirely. It's an unnecessary complication. ES File Explorer has the ability to back-up applications already. And with Dropbox installed on your BlueStacks device, you can then upload the backed-up apk to your Dropbox all from within BlueStacks. Then...

Download directly to your Fire with the Dropbox app installed on your Fire ... or download from Dropbox to your PC for sideloading via usb. Bada-boom, bada-bing.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #95
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Skip the Apk Share backup step entirely. It's an unnecessary complication. ES File Explorer has the ability to back-up applications already. And with Dropbox installed on your BlueStacks device, you can then upload the backed-up apk to your Dropbox all from within BlueStacks. Then...

Download directly to your Fire with the Dropbox app installed on your Fire ... or download from Dropbox to your PC for sideloading via usb. Bada-boom, bada-bing.
I have not tried this yet but thanks so much for your work!
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #96
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Wow! I did it! I bought an app, Mantano Essentials, for 2.99 from Google play, installed it on a Lenovo Tab, then figured out how to back it up with ES File explorer, put it into Sugarsync, downloaded to my new Fire HD, installed, and it works!!! I am so glad, as I like the 2 page layout with Mantano, but with the Lite version, you couldn't change the default font.

I'll have to see if I can use this procedure to put Minecraft on my daughters Fire2. I should have bought it from Amazon, what was I thinking!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #97
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Sadly I couldnt install the BlueStacks program on my PC because my Video Card (built in graphics chipset on PCB) is not new enough and so not supported.

It would have been cool to get the Play Store without rooting.
Maybe when I fix my wifes laptop I will try again, but that might yield the same result
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #98
Jarbi
Jarbi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Should I delete side-loaded apks?

I have recently bought an KHD and am enjoying it greatly, especially reading the free out-of-copyright books. However, I am also interested in some non-Amazon apps and have successfully sideloaded and installed a few. Once I have done so, should I keep their apks on the Kindle or delete them?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Jarbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #99
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Yes you can delete them but it might be good to setup a free offline cloud storage acct like Box.net (my fav) or dropbox. This is important if you want to save key apps that you rely on and if there is an update and has a major bug you can always reinstall a lower non buggy version. Or for apps you bought (paid for) from a non amazon site (since amazon does keep your apps in the cloud). They do take up space. If you use an app like Sandisk Memory Zone or Android Assistant or ES file explorer, you can find all the apks hidden on your phone/tablet and sort them by size and then delete them
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #100
Byron202
Byron202 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I installed getjar and installed the Nook and kobo Reading apps and they work great.
Hi
How did you install Getjar?? I tried to get it on my computer and then via USB to Kindle Fire but I couldn't even get it to my computer. I am a bit tech challenged. I live in Australia and nothing works except downloading books from Amazon.
Byron202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #101
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
1.) Install ES FileExplorer from the Amazon store. You'll need it.
2.) Browse to: m.getjar.com using Kindle Fire.
3.) Select Quick Download and enter "16914" as the download code.
4.) With ES FileExplorer, go to the download folder and select the GetJar apk file.
5.) Select Install button at bottom of screen.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #102
OldDarth
OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.OldDarth is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch / Kindle Fire HD 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwality View Post
@Eweforia. Works for me. Many, many thanks
Ditto! Much thanks. I recently acquired a refurbished Kindle Fire for approximately half price and have been pretty happy with it. I use it to complement my Kobo Touch. The Kobo has the day shift. The Kindle the night shift.

My primary use of the Kindle is for social media/media consumption. Your sideloading procedure works wonderfully. Only bummer so far is that I tried to load the Comix app with no success. It keeps stopping.

Once again Eweforia thank you very much.
OldDarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #103
MyKindleGoodies
Geek w/ Kindle Tendencies
MyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toysMyKindleGoodies shares his or her toys

Device: kindle 3, kindle fire 1, android tablet
Sideloading Calibre Companion

I'd love to know if anyone has been successful using Calibre Companion on a Kindle Fire (first edition) -- and has been able to install it outside of Amazon.

Does anyone know if Calibre Companion can be sideloaded?

It's available on Google Play but not through Amazon on my Kindle Fire device.

The developer says it probably won't ever be available to download from a Kindle Fire. Amazon is apparently not allowing it to be sold from their store.

Figures - as that's the device I have.

Thanks for any info you guys can share (I did do a search in this thread for calibre companion and didn't find anything posted already).
MyKindleGoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #104
bgaugler
bgaugler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe 64gb
This is a MAJOR pain in the butt to try to get the Mantano reader app !!!

When I purchase the app off Amazon's site ...it won't let me download it (or access it) because they don't want me to put it on my Kindle Fire HDX

When I try to purchase it from Mantano's site ...they send me to Google Play ...and they don't want to sell it to me ...because I don't have one of THEIR devices

There appears to be sites that let you "download" the apk ...but they all look VERY questionable!!! I have no desire to "steal" the reader ...but where can I buy it ?!?!?
bgaugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #105
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Other than hacking and unlocking, which I decided not to, I still love and use my fire hd. but both of my nexus , first and 7.2 are so superior and open..

I moved on .. got out of the amazon 'garden'.. Do not need to root unless for special needs. and wide open to be what machine you want the machine to be be in your hands..

Amazon as long as you have an account , does not really care what kind , kindle. android.
you are running.....

there is no loyalty as far brands and devices go.. All personal preference..

as it should be..

I do not accept amazons locked garden..

And the thing is ....No difference....

Tho I am free...

Last edited by DustyDisks; 01-17-2014 at 10:44 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote