Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #211
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hello doll00, welcome to MobileRead!

The Obreey page only lists a German-Polish, Polish-German dictionary, but no English.

If you want to prepare something by yourself, you may want to study this whole thread from the beginning. It contains a lot of useful information and links.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #212
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Hello doll00,

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll00 View Post
hi,
Can anybody help me where to find better dictionary or how to prepare it by myself ?
Thanks in advance
Is this dictionary sufficient for you http://www.babylon.com/free-dictiona...Pol/17524.html?

If so, I can convert it for you to the dic format for the PocketBook. This weekend I converted succesfully some Babylon dictionaries and they all work fine on my PocketBook 903. I even got a Japanese-English dict (also displaying the glyps in the dictionary app) working. You can do it yourself but you need a Linux and Windows system and some apps for the conversion process. It's very simplified explained in this message (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=130). This conversion method works but I had an encoding problem using dictconv with asian languages. So I found a surrogate called CovertBabylon (http://code.google.com/p/stardict-3/wiki/ConvertBabylon) which did the job nicely. If you find this conversion process too complicated I can convert the dictionary for you.
dtanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #213
doll00
doll00 began at the beginning.

Device: PB602
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
Hello doll00,

Is this dictionary sufficient for you http://www.babylon.com/free-dictiona...Pol/17524.html?

If so, I can convert it for you to the dic format for the PocketBook. This weekend I converted succesfully some Babylon dictionaries and they all work fine on my PocketBook 903. I even got a Japanese-English dict (also displaying the glyps in the dictionary app) working. You can do it yourself but you need a Linux and Windows system and some apps for the conversion process. It's very simplified explained in this message (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=130). This conversion method works but I had an encoding problem using dictconv with asian languages. So I found a surrogate called CovertBabylon (http://code.google.com/p/stardict-3/wiki/ConvertBabylon) which did the job nicely. If you find this conversion process too complicated I can convert the dictionary for you.
Dear dtanis,

Thank you for your offer, it would great if you could convert this dictionary for me.
I tried to do it by myself, but my skills turned out to be too poor and the conversion too complicated

Thanks in advance for your help
doll00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #214
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Hello doll00,

Dictionary successfully converted and can be downloaded from http://www.theochem.ru.nl/~dtanis/fi...ylon_En-Pl.zip. The archive also contains the xdxf file from the conversion process. This is a text file which you easily can modify and convert again to the dic format by the PocketBook dictionary converter program (http://rapidshare.com/files/39023514...nverter4_1.zip).

Have a nice reading time.

Last edited by dtanis; 12-16-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #215
doll00
doll00 began at the beginning.

Device: PB602
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
Hello doll00,

Dictionary successfully converted and can be downloaded from http://www.theochem.ru.nl/~dtanis/fi...ylon_En-Pl.zip. The archive also contains the xdxf file from the conversion process. This is a text file which you easily can modify and convert again to the dic format by the PocketBook dictionary converter program (http://rapidshare.com/files/39023514...nverter4_1.zip).

Have a nice reading time.

dear dtanis,

great work, thank you for your help in this matter.
this dictionary isn't as big as Lingvo x3 but any way much better than my previous one.
hopefully, somebody will release a really good EN-PL dictionary for PocketBook soon .

one more time big thank you !
doll00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #216
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
Hello! I own PocketBook 903.Schade, I don't have a Linux!
Can anyone convert DE-ENG dictionary..further I will do the converting to .dic by my self with the pocketbook converter. Thanks a lot!
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #217
dtanis
Enthusiast

Hello bopsis,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopsis View Post
Hello! I own PocketBook 903.Schade, I don't have a Linux!
Can anyone convert DE-ENG dictionary..further I will do the converting to .dic by my self with the pocketbook converter. Thanks a lot!
Is the Babylon dictionary http://www.babylon.com/free-dictiona...lish/2522.html good enough for you?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #218
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
Yes, it looks really good!
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #219
dtanis
Enthusiast

Hello bopsis,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopsis View Post
Yes, it looks really good!
I successfully converted the Babylon German-English dictionary. You can download it from http://www.theochem.ru.nl/~dtanis/fi...ylon_De-En.zip. The archive also contains the xdxf file from the conversion process. This is a text file which you easily can modify and convert again to the dic format by the PocketBook dictionary converter program (http://www.theochem.ru.nl/~dtanis/fi...nverter4_1.zip). Also the german language dir is included because the standard converter program didn't had the correct German morphemes patterns.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #220
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Thanks for this nice share!

BTW, where did you get those German morphem pattern?
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #221
dtanis
Enthusiast

Hi pbmaniac,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaniac View Post
Thanks for this nice share!

BTW, where did you get those German morphem pattern?
From the Russian E-Book forum http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...8d5c393a01c577

Tip: use google translate if you don't understand Russian.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #222
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I could use a Polish->English dictionary for my 902. There are a few free versions in other formats on the net, but I would need the collates.txt and morphems.txt files for Polish to do the conversion to Pocketbook dictionary format. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might get or create those?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #223
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I could use a Polish->English dictionary for my 902. There are a few free versions in other formats on the net, but I would need the collates.txt and morphems.txt files for Polish to do the conversion to Pocketbook dictionary format. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might get or create those?
rob, did you see this message? is it no good?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=214
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #224
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
rob, did you see this message? is it no good?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=214
I saw that message, but that dictionary works in the other direction. En->Pl means that you need the English versions of the collates.txt and morphems.txt files, and those are available right in the DictionaryConverter.zip file. So, creating En->XX dictionaries is more straightforward than the other way around (unless it's Russian or Ukrainian).

They do sell a Pl->De dictionary on the Obreey website, so I assume they had the right files to create those. I wonder if I can get PB to give me a copy of them if they have them? Maybe ABBYY created those files themselves, though.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #225
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
What I did in order to create the italian morphems.txt is analyze the corresponding english file taking as reference the russian file instruction.rtf found with DicConverter. Google was really helpful in this case . Then I tried to translate grammar rules I have found in Wikipaedia. check "polish language", I think it could be a good summary of cases, exceptions, singular to plural rules... at least a starting point.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote