Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #61
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Boy, and I thought my comments were off-topic...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #62
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
every page has its own. its a good thing. this pages topic will be.

I think Spock was kind of stuck up, and kinda bad, and Lenord Nimoy plays him Horribly. I think in the movie we will see the Real Spock.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #63
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PSST http://www.noob.us/humor/oh-that-jean-luc-picard/
Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #64
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbVtbc_XzrI
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:12 AM   #65
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I got the album
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
yeah Ive heard many of those things before.

Its still American Science Fiction, if you want Russians in it, and youve got to remember, during the filming of most of Star Trek, Russia Was the Enemy. Russia is still a mystery to most americans. It fell Off the Radar after the Berlin wall Came down to the average americans. Im not saying America Invented everything. Just Star Trek.
Next time you visit Moscow, go to the Air and Space Museum. The display of Soviet space hardware there will blow your socks off. They even have on display the never-used lunar lander which would have been used for the manned lunar missions that would have taken place had there not been insurmountable technical problems with their "heavy lift" launch vehicle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #67
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
every page has its own. its a good thing. this pages topic will be.

I think Spock was kind of stuck up, and kinda bad, and Lenord Nimoy plays him Horribly. I think in the movie we will see the Real Spock.
Well you are of course entitled to your opinion. That being said, good or bad, the portrayals of the TOS characters by the original actors has become so emblematic of those characters, it is hard to imagine how any of the new actors could do a portrayal that will be considered definitive.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:29 AM   #68
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Next time you visit Moscow, go to the Air and Space Museum. The display of Soviet space hardware there will blow your socks off. They even have on display the never-used lunar lander which would have been used for the manned lunar missions that would have taken place had there not been insurmountable technical problems with their "heavy lift" launch vehicle.
I would Love too! but the odds of me ever visiting russia are really dependant on me coming into millions of dollars. I dont think Ill Make it. but if i ever do get an abundance of money. Ill put that on Number 7 of the things I want to Visit if i ever get enough money to go on a real vacation.

first 3 are tropical Islands.
then Rome
Pyrimids
Antartica whale watching
Space Museum in Moscow.

I Watched TOS Last, and I Seriously hated it, the acting war horrible. i can forgive costume but not bad acting. that is why im looking forward to the movie. So i can say Spock without a bad taste in my mouth
Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #69
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Spock

I gotta say I think its Spock. He was such a major character and always seemed more Vulcan to me than any that showed up in Voyager and Enterprise.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #70
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Birmingham's ONLY tourist attraction: http://www.visitvulcan.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan.gif
Views:	231
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	25409  
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #71
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I think probably the original was best. I'm talking about Hephaestus.

Otherwise, didn't anybody want to vote for Kirstie Alley? Wasn't she some sort of Vulcan in the first or second Trek movie? (ducks and runs for cover before rotten veggies begin to be flung at me)
Worst Vulcan EVER. Kirstie Alley? Never bought into her portrayal at all. A Vulcan with a quasi-valley-girl bimbo lilt to her voice? Please... Tuvak and Spock for differing reasons. Spock was the Zen Buddhist version of a Vulcan and Tuvak was the 'Constantly Exasperated by Humans' Vulcan but not as Xenophobic as T'Pol. All were wonderfully sarcastic though, except the Kirstie Alley version of Saavak. I mean who would buy into that voice. Plus she was showing signs of pushing toward maximum density even then with zero muscle tone. Poor physical fitness would never seem to be a Vulcan cultural trait.

I just found this video on YouTube,

Tuvak Keepin it Gangsta

Fair warning it is a PG13 or higher video because of the Rap song language though nothing a mature adult cannot listen to unless they are predisposed to an easily-faux-offended personality type, but it is fraking FUNNY. If you start to watch the ending is really funny.

Quote:
I would Love too! but the odds of me ever visiting russia are really dependant on me coming into millions of dollars. I dont think Ill Make it. but if i ever do get an abundance of money. Ill put that on Number 7 of the things I want to Visit if i ever get enough money to go on a real vacation.

first 3 are tropical Islands.
then Rome
Pyrimids
Antartica whale watching
Space Museum in Moscow.

I Watched TOS Last, and I Seriously hated it, the acting war horrible. i can forgive costume but not bad acting. that is why im looking forward to the movie. So i can say Spock without a bad taste in my mouth
You can always go the the Space Museum in Huntsville, AL and see a full sized Sky Lab as well as sit in a Mercury (or maybe a Gemini??) capsule that went into space. I am pretty sure it was a Mercury. What was amazing is the construction. Yeah, obviously solid as can be, still there are so many exposed bolts and the seat is tubular metal, assuming a Ti-alloy, with a leather web netting as the seat and back of the only seat in the thing. I loved visiting that place. A very worthwhile trip to see the whole facility there as it has a 'space training' facility as part of the museum where, at the time, kids would do the Space Camp thing.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #72
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipenekkid View Post
Worst Vulcan EVER. Kirstie Alley? Never bought into her portrayal at all. A Vulcan with a quasi-valley-girl bimbo lilt to her voice? Please... Tuvak and Spock for differing reasons. Spock was the Zen Buddhist version of a Vulcan and Tuvak was the 'Constantly Exasperated by Humans' Vulcan but not as Xenophobic as T'Pol. All were wonderfully sarcastic though, except the Kirstie Alley version of Saavak. I mean who would buy into that voice. Plus she was showing signs of pushing toward maximum density even then with zero muscle tone. Poor physical fitness would never seem to be a Vulcan cultural trait.

I just found this video on YouTube,

Tuvak Keepin it Gangsta

Fair warning it is a PG13 or higher video because of the Rap song language though nothing a mature adult cannot listen to unless they are predisposed to an easily-faux-offended personality type, but it is fraking FUNNY. If you start to watch the ending is really funny.

You can always go the the Space Museum in Huntsville, AL and see a full sized Sky Lab as well as sit in a Mercury (or maybe a Gemini??) capsule that went into space. I am pretty sure it was a Mercury. What was amazing is the construction. Yeah, obviously solid as can be, still there are so many exposed bolts and the seat is tubular metal, assuming a Ti-alloy, with a leather web netting as the seat and back of the only seat in the thing. I loved visiting that place. A very worthwhile trip to see the whole facility there as it has a 'space training' facility as part of the museum where, at the time, kids would do the Space Camp thing.
That sort of seat with it being the only one, it was a Mercury capsule you were sitting in.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #73
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
That sort of seat with it being the only one, it was a Mercury capsule you were sitting in.
Or, possibly, a single-seater Yugo...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #74
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Or, possibly, a single-seater Yugo...

-MJ
Tim helps me with laundry each weekend. He hands me the hangers and I put the clothes on them. We always get a chuckle from this very old (but well made) set of pants hangers with a nice golden label that reads "Made in Yugoslavia." Didja ever see that Simpsons where Homer is buying a car, and he is test driving a car with a house fly for a hood ornament. It's [quote] "made in a country that no longer exists." To go forward, the dealer yells "Put it in H!"

Yugos. The Cold War's last attempt at crushing capitalism.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid the title graphics to "Enterprise" completely turned me against it. Watching it, one would have imagined that the USA was totally responsible for the development of early spaceflight. Talk about bias! Why no scenes of Soviet space accomplishments?
Think of Dr. Who. There is no life outside the UK as far as Dr. Who goes. Same difference really.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote