Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #16
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Oh, their interaction was hilarous! But I still think Tuvok was a bad Vulcan, a true Vulcan wouldn't show annoyance. As that is an emotion. Curiosity, yes, humor, yes, but not annoyance. Spock would have been mystified why Neelix would act the way he did, but not be annoyed.
Why assume all Vulcans were cut from the same cloth? According to Trek lit lore, not all Vulcans are so purely unemotional as Spock and many others tried to suggest--though Spock himself showed annoyance with McCoy more than once. The Vulcan officials from Enterprise showed plenty of annoyance with humans in general. In the TOS episode Amok Time, Stonn (T'Pring's Chosen One) showed clear jealousy... and if avarice was an emotion, T'Pring had that in spades. Tuvok wasn't a "bad Vulcan," he simply wasn't as disciplined against displaying his emotions as some.

Trek's biggest flaw was to suggest that, with few exceptions, every member of an alien race thought and acted like all the others. Are all humans like that? It's a very narrow and prejudicial way of looking at outsiders...

um...

What was the question?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post

Trek's biggest flaw was to suggest that, with few exceptions, every member of an alien race thought and acted like all the others. Are all humans like that? It's a very narrow and prejudicial way of looking at outsiders...
Resistance is futile.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #18
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Tuvok wasn't a "bad Vulcan," he simply wasn't as disciplined against displaying his emotions as some.
Yes exactly, they even had an eppisode where Tuvok was a boy and was being taught how to behave, he was quite rebelious.

and ENT Vulcans were annoyed and Angry all the time.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I think probably the original was best. I'm talking about Hephaestus.

Otherwise, didn't anybody want to vote for Kirstie Alley? Wasn't she some sort of Vulcan in the first or second Trek movie? (ducks and runs for cover before rotten veggies begin to be flung at me)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #20
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Tuvok was my favorite, I started with voyager, Voyager Cast is always my favorite.

T'pol was sexy, but not the sexiest girl on ENT, so she cant be my favorite Vulcan, and because she liked Tucker. Hoshi was my favorite girl on ENT... Ive got a thing for Asians

If I'd been the captain on ENT, I'd have kicked T'Pol off at the first stop and abandoned her. Or at the very least clapped her in the brig for insubordination and left her there!! She did nothing but argue and question, and I always thought less of Capt. Archer for letting her by with it.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I think probably the original was best. I'm talking about Hephaestus.

Otherwise, didn't anybody want to vote for Kirstie Alley? Wasn't she some sort of Vulcan in the first or second Trek movie? (ducks and runs for cover before rotten veggies begin to be flung at me)
Yes, I mentioned Savik, Alley's character, also played by Robin Curtis in The Search for Spock.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #22
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hello fellow Vulcans.
We seem to have a lot of Vulcans on this forum.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
We seem to have a lot of Vulcans on this forum.
WHAT!!??? - No Tribbles?

Ok, I'll be a Tribble. I must now go and procreate. -- and hope a cat doesn't get me.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #24
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Spock!! But TPol looks so good in her uniform.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #25
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Bearded Spock, from the alternate universe!
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
Spock!! But TPol looks so good in her uniform.
And out of it also.

BOb
Old 03-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #27
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And out of it also.
You would think that Vulcans might be a little more reserved about
wearing such skin tight uniforms and sexuality in general, but not T'Pol!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post
You would think that Vulcans might be a little more reserved about
wearing such skin tight uniforms and sexuality in general, but not T'Pol!
Was it the episode where T'Pol and Trip rubbed "decontamnation gel" on each other for about 3 minutes where Enterprise jumped the shark?

BOb
Old 03-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #29
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis

Quote:
Was it the episode where T'Pol and Trip rubbed "decontamnation gel" on each other for about 3 minutes where Enterprise jumped the shark?
That was indeed somewhat over the top. There were a few of those decontamination
scenes that made me scratch Enterprise off my list of family entertainment shows.

There was even one where T'Pol spent the entire episode half naked in the decontamination chamber, and was trying to have her way with the doctor because she happened to be going through the Pon Far.

It goes to show how desperate they were for ratings at the time. That wasn't enough apparently, so in a later episode they just decided to go all out and show us her butt.

That sort of thing lowered the quality of Star Trek, in my opinion. However, If I were still a young single dude, I might disagree with that statement.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 AM   #30
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziguezon View Post

It goes to show how desperate they were for ratings at the time. That wasn't enough apparently, so in a later episode they just decided to go all out and show us her butt.

That sort of thing lowered the quality of Star Trek, in my opinion. However, If I were still a young single dude, I might disagree with that statement.
they did? i dont remember. what episode is this so i can check this fact immediately.

Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote