Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-13-2022, 08:22 AM   #1
DaniMayCry
DaniMayCry began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Columns in Calibre

Greetings, I wanted to know whether it was possible to make with css inside epub files. I tried using the column-count property and it worked inside of Calibre but not on my e-reader (Kobo Libra 2).
Are there any other ways to make columns that would be recognized by e-readers?
DaniMayCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 09:09 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMayCry View Post
Greetings, I wanted to know whether it was possible to make with css inside epub files. I tried using the column-count property and it worked inside of Calibre but not on my e-reader (Kobo Libra 2).
Are there any other ways to make columns that would be recognized by e-readers?
When reading ePub on a Kobo, the reading software in use is RMSDK (ADE). You can use the following CSS code to make two columns. This code won't work with KePub or the Calibre viewer (at least I think it won't work). But it will work on your Libra 2 for ePub.

Code:
oeb-column-number: 2;
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2022, 09:17 AM   #3
DaniMayCry

That's something totally new to me! But is there any way to make it so that it works both on Calibre and other e-readers? Should I just put both in the same attribute?
Old 09-13-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
DaniMayCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Code:
oeb-column-number: 2;
Also, this code didn't work for me, but I did use 4 columns, but idk if that changes anything. It just displays a single column on the e-reader.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:04 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMayCry View Post
Also, this code didn't work for me, but I did use 4 columns, but idk if that changes anything. It just displays a single column on the e-reader.
Where did you put this in the CSS? If it's not int he body style, put ti there. Also, did you read the eBook as ePub or KePub? It will not work in KePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2022, 11:15 AM   #6
DaniMayCry

I put it under a class called "column4", if i applied it to the entire body it would mess up a lot of the chapters. And I am reading the book as epub.

Tags
css