Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sony PRS-T3 video review for the undecided

When Sony revealed the PRS-T3 to the world last Wednesday, it brought with it the promise of a smart and satisfying reading experience. With all the new devices announced to bring love, joy and peace to the world of e-reading, we reckon it'd be difficult to make the right purchase decision. Thanks to the guys of allesebook.de, below is a nicely made video review that, although it's in German, should give you a pretty good idea whether the PRS-T3 is the right one for you.

Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Thanks for the video link. Although I don't understand German, it looks as though they do good reviews. I was hoping to find their review on the new Aura but unfortunately the video on their website is only the very brief and pretty useless one from Engadget. I have watched the Goodereader reviews, but the Allesebook ones look far better to me.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
The cover design of this device is really cool.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
The reviewer also likes it in terms of build quality. He is not so fond of how it works when you open the reader - it's kinda loose when you flip it around to the back of the reader.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
MattW
Connoisseur
MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MattW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS 505, Sony PRS T2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
When Sony revealed the PRS-T3 to the world last Wednesday, it brought with it the promise of a smart and satisfying reading experience. With all the new devices announced to bring love, joy and peace to the world of e-reading, we reckon it'd be difficult to make the right purchase decision. Thanks to the guys of allesebook.de, below is a nicely made video review that, although it's in German, should give you a pretty good idea whether the PRS-T3 is the right one for you.
Most interesting for me is that he claims that the contrast of the T3 is slightly lower than that of the T2, i.e. that the background is slightly, but noticeably darker. Whether or not that is merely a difference between two individual screens remains to be seen.

If it turns out to be true in general, then I'm out. While a front light is nice, it's no must for me, but I am not going to settle for a worse screen.

The screen, for me, is the most important feature, after that comes stability and usabilty of the software, then build quality. The ability to read EPUBs is also nice (even though I own a PW now, in terms of reading experience I actually prefer the non front-lit T2 screen).

Matt
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
tweety
Enthusiast
tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I don't feel that enough has changed to make we want to buy it though. And I hate the way ebooks being shown are left justified.

Nothing that revolutionary in the reader.

Now If I could load a German book and have it translated to English that would be good.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
I like the design. Well integrated and neat. With the integrated cover it will be possible to use many jacket pockets etc. that cannot be used with other 6" readers with additional covers.
I like the "four last books read" feature, as I often read several books in parallel.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Yes, I actually think it's even more nifty than Amazon's snap-in cover. It would be nice if they had just added a coverless backplate for people who don't want to use a cover. Couldn't have cost more than a few cents.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
Nice video, well done. One question I have is that it looks like the back cover of the reader can be easily removed using a screwdriver; hopefully giving easy access for simple battery replacement?
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
I like it. There enough changes to replace my T1. New dictionaries, smaller, lighter (with cover) and this nice flip cover, higher resolution Also it has some hyphenation.

And what i really appreciate is that you can view now the last four read books, not only the last book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety View Post
Now If I could load a German book and have it translated to English that would be good.
Thats not possible in appropriate quality. If computers could translate books, all human translators of books would be out of work. If you really like the google translater translations? There is an German->English-Dictionary that's quite more helpful. Of course if you haven't any knowledge of the german you have to start with an very easy book.

Last edited by samy2; 09-08-2013 at 02:49 PM.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
I'm the one who took the video. Thanks for commenting!

Since I'm visiting mobileread regularly (of course !), I took another quick video in english, just for you guys

It's a little shorter, but overall shows the same things. Please ignore any grammar mistakes I made (and the accent :P) - I'm not used to speak english

If you have any further questions, just ask.
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
I'm the one who took the video. Thanks for commenting!

Since I'm visiting mobileread regularly (of course !), I took another quick video in english, just for you guys

It's a little shorter, but overall shows the same things. Please ignore any grammar mistakes I made (and the accent :P) - I'm not used to speak english

If you have any further questions, just ask.
Very nice of you for doing a second video in english!
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Nice videos. Who knows what I will do. My T1 is better than good enough as was my 350. I do like the slightly smaller size though

I don't like the flimsy case hinge or the fact that your fingers would be feeling foam at the back and wearing it out pretty quick perhaps. And one could re-manufacture the cover with an exacto knife pretty easy.

Thanks for both videos

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
I was not aware that the T3 is significantly smaller at least in height. It looks really good and practical.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
cme thank you for the great video reviews. There are no places to view and play with the Sony around here; they are kept behind a locked glass door. So, watching your video was very helpful. Thank you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote