Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #61
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomStickMuppet View Post
Hey,

I put it in the folder /mnt/us/bin. It's also got the dialog and .dialogrc files in there.

I just tried it again and once a message popped up saying Story File Read Error or something like that but it flashed to quickly for me to copy it down.
Which game(s) have you tried?

(I know I don't have a paperwhite. Some games just don't work for no apparent reason.)
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #62
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
If I had to guess he didn't tweak the "if" path in the 3rd file I listed.

Or didn't have any "if"s at all.

Perhaps we could arrange a single default file just to prevent that kind of error.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #63
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Or maybe he thought frotz would run any old file.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #64
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

added links to files in my walktrough
Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #65
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
added links to files in my walktrough
Hey, let me see if I got it. To make it works on PW, do I have to copy the code and paste them on its related file? Or just make some adjustments?

Sorry for the question, I have no knowledge at all about programming.

Tks.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #66
twobob

assuming the files are in EXACTLY the same place you could use mine.

remember to go get some IF files.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #67
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Quote:
assuming the files are in EXACTLY the same place you could use mine.

remember to go get some IF files.
Alright. Now that I've read the code I think I got the idea.

The only changes that you've made are that you placed the folder "if" and "bin" inside extensions/frotz, right?

I'm just waiting for the Baf's website be available again to get Kterm and try Frotz.

Tks for the support!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #68
BoomStickMuppet
A person
BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey all, sorry for the late reply.

My if files I am using are in the .z5 format. I have tried Adventure Land and Freefall.

This is my frotz_shell.sh file:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

sleep 1

size=$(stty size)
set -- $size
h=$(expr $1 - 12)
shift
w=$(expr $@ - 4)

# edit this to point to where you store your IF story files (*.z5 etc)
export ZCODE_PATH=/mnt/us/if #<-- This is the folder I use.
# edit this to point to the dialog rc file
export DIALOGRC=/mnt/us/extensions/frotz/bin/.dialogrc #<-- Same here

FILE=$(dialog --stdout --title "Select Interactive Fiction File:" --fselect $ZCODE_PATH/ $h $w )

clear

if [ "$FILE" != "" ]; then
frotz -d "$FILE"
fi
I think I may go sort my folders the way you have them, twobob, and see if that helps!

EDIT: Hey I just tried it your way exactly and I am still getting an error that says story read error fatal read error, or something like that, it flashes pretty quickly.

Last edited by BoomStickMuppet; 04-12-2013 at 04:35 AM.
BoomStickMuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #69
twobob

right, Guess we should rule out broken "If"s next
Old 04-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #70
Jwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomStickMuppet View Post
Hey all, sorry for the late reply.

My if files I am using are in the .z5 format. I have tried Adventure Land and Freefall.
Adventure Land is not working for me, but other games are.

Quote:
yep

you need to specify a location in full

I go for

/mnt/us/if/whatever.sav

that will work. HTH

EDIT: perhaps we could ask the author to fix that. if we asked REALLY nicely : D
I managed to save it. But how can I restore it?

@twobob: Tks for kterm!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #71
Jwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwing View Post

I managed to save it. But how can I restore it?

@twobob: Tks for kterm!!!
, twobob, again!

I noticed that the inventory was saved. How can I get to the part where I was actually in when I saved the game? The inventory was restored but it was still at the beginning.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #72
BoomStickMuppet
A person
BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Figured it out

Hey all,

I know it's been awhile since I asked for help but I figured out the problem. I had not actually selected the game. I just highlighted it. Anyway it works fine now. Thanks for all the work getting this to work!
BoomStickMuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #73
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
I'm looking forward to trying this!

I have both Lost Treasures of Infocom packages someplace at home. Does anybody have any idea if they are compatible or not? Just wondering.... Are they still copyrighted or have they passed into the public domain or abandonware?
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #74
twobob

abandon by now I would guess.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=23 is a decent guide on getting a few more too...
Old 09-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #75
MaxStirner
Connoisseur
MaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
Could it be possible to port Git or any other of Glulx interpreters as well? I'm asking this because the most interresting and innovative of the recently available games are created in Glulx nowadays (to mention Emily Short only whom I"m a big fan of haha.. Btw I would recommend ANY of her games blindly especially Floatpoint. My all time favourites for Z-machine are Vespers and Varicella and these are also good as a starter for the IF newbie. Good starting point is the XYZZY Awards List in my opinion.
Anyway, I don't want to be a burden, just asking. THx for the Frotz port to Fvek and twobob.
MaxStirner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dialog, frotz, interactive fiction, launcher add-ons, ncurses, xterm