Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Decalgirl K2 skins now ready!!!

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,346.htm
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
If you want to save $2.25 enter code PSPHOME in the discount code box.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Heheh Madam, I aint never heard of the device your using, care to fill us in? (not being sarcastic)

Last edited by Dragoro; 02-27-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
(note the initials -- Z E L D A. That's another gal around here whom we keep teasing.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
I don't like any of the designs posted just yet, but I'm sure that eventually they'll come up with a design that I won't be able to resist.

I really hope that eventually they, or someone else, will solve the custom screensaver issue. That was one of my favorite parts of my K1 skin.

Also, based on what I see, I don't see a lot of benefit to applying the back skin. I don't plan on removing my Kindle from its cover very often...
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Skyblue712
Skyblue712 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Are they difficult to attach smoothly? Do they hold up well?
Skyblue712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue712 View Post
Are they difficult to attach smoothly? Do they hold up well?
They take a little patience to line up properly, but I wouldn't call it a "difficult" process.

They do hold up quite well.
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
svakanda
Enthusiast
svakanda began at the beginning.

Device: none
oh Woaaa! those look grooo00oovy!
svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Cool! I just order the "By Any Other Name" dark red rose background, very pretty! And thanks for the discount code. Every little savings helps! I think the dark background may help the screen look a little lighter/contrast.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I am trying to decide between orient, primal, and the monet. And btw, according to people on kindle boards that discount will always work so keep it in mind if your order again.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #11
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
Cool! I just order the "By Any Other Name" dark red rose background, very pretty! And thanks for the discount code. Every little savings helps! I think the dark background may help the screen look a little lighter/contrast.
It does. I had a blueish skin for kindle 1 and it was noticeably different after i "skinned" it! Plus white just makes me think I see dirt all the time.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I have to say I'm in the "wow!" category myself. I can't decide which one or two or three to get. I guess I can only use one at a time so I have to choose, darn!

Thanks for the tortuous decision Dragoro!
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I have requested for DecalGirl to add the My heart skin to the Kindle 2 skins!

Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #14
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I have requested for DecalGirl to add the My heart skin to the Kindle 2 skins!

wow! That is too cool! Question though, wouldn't the design compete with the reading screen, or I imagine, you just tune it out after a while. But again, it is very pretty, "me like...."
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #15
MsAstoria
Evangelist

I may have to go back to DecalGirl and think about a skin for my Sony laptop which is getting pretty scratched, although I have no idea why! I wonder how well the skin would stay on since the laptop has a "waffle" texture to it. Anyone?