Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
How many books have you bought from Connect and....

how many have you read?

I've bought 16 total. (Part of that was my $50 credit.)
I've only read 3 of the 16 so far.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
I purchased 11 books, also including my $50 Credit. I read up to 3-4 books at a time. I have read 4 books so far, and am currently reading 3 off the reader.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
While I've only had mine since Jan 3, I've read 3 manga, 4 comics, and 1 actual novel; I've started & referenced about 5 others and am in the process of reading through another as I type this. Not too many, but I only average about 10-20 minutes a night when I'm busy.

Have to post my review on the one book I found through the Connect store, quite a fun and interesting read -> Stone Maiden.

Edit: Guess it would be good if I stayed on topic... I picked up 12 books from the Connect store and 1 manga (to see how the "official" manga looks compared to what I can make myself using tools from here).

Last edited by Azayzel; 02-18-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: To add # of books purchased, per topic
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I've bought and read the books from my $50 credit. My wife did the same. That'll be the last we buy until they have non-DRM-crippled books available! Read-'em all, of course.

Xenophon

Last edited by Xenophon; 02-17-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Speeelung Ficks
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
9 from CONNECT, 8 read. 1 mistake.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
22 bought

19 read.

3 I'm not convinced I want to read.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
andresborbon
andresborbon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iPaq 37150
13 bought, 7 read. Hate the formatting of those books. Too much white space.
andresborbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
ThomWill
Enthusiast
ThomWill is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500 (Sony Reader)
12 bought, 11 read. Although I have gotten and read many more from ManyBooks.net and Project Gutenberg, I have committed to buy at least one or two books a month from Connect to do my part to show a real consumer base. It occurs to me that to motivate Sony and others to provide us more content, we will have to keep demand up.
ThomWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:40 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Zero .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #10
mikem
mikem began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
None from Connect - they don't sell'em outside the US. I use some of the other ebooks sellers, I've bought 3 books, one magazine subscription and I've pulled down some CC academic books I've wanted to read.

In a normal month I buy a few books, some from shops some online. I've been trying to figure out my yearly spend and I've come to the conclusion I keep book sellers in fine champagne and caviar!

I reckon even if Connect was accessible I'd only buy a few books from there (enough to help demonstrate it is commerical viable). I really really really dislike the idea of buying books in DRM locked formats.
mikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #11
SciFiReader
GadgetReader
SciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Sony Reader
Books from Connect

Purchased 12. Bought my books after the credit deal expired. Read 1, started 4. I also agree that we have to support Connect so that we can maintain the perceived demand, so more are added. I am switching all my future book purchases that use to come from Amazon to ebooks for the Reader.
SciFiReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Zero .
I should clarify that I do buy books, but from Baen, not Connect. To my mind, Baen are the only publisher in the business doing the "right thing" - ie publishing DRM-free books in open formats at (mostly) sensible prices. They deserve everyone's support for that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #13
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I have bought about 8 books from Connect. But for me my last purchase was barely readable for me in the largest text size. I wish Sony would let you download a sample page to let me see how it looks on the reader. Until then, I am leery of buying anymore books from Connect.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hmmmm???

Do you mean the large size was different than other large sizes (from Connect)?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:57 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think she meant that even the large size of the font was too small to read. There are a number of books that folks have encountered where the font is really small.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote