Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
jankovicgood
Connoisseur
jankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enough

Device: sony
Built-in dictionary for e-book reader?

update

Last edited by jankovicgood; 12-16-2009 at 09:33 AM.
jankovicgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There are no dictionaries for ADE on Windows. Sorry.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On a Windows machine, though, it's really no big deal to just use a Mobi dictionary in a separate window, and just type in the word that you want to look up.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
jankovicgood
Connoisseur
jankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enough

Device: sony
I was hoping to get a double-click software, I'm waiting for the Asus T91 with Multitouch to read all my tech pdfs in TabletPc form. Typing the word in a separate window would be a bit tiresome.
jankovicgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Windows Desktop MobiPocket Reader Download Page says:
Quote:
Even better: with Reader 6, you can activate the lookup function in all your Windows applications. If you need to know what that french web site says about your latest publication and memories of your French classes are remote, Reader 6 can help. Just select the word in your web browser and press the Mobipocket hot key. All matches from your Mobipocket dictionaries will appear instantly.
However, I have not seen any mention of this elsewhere on mobipocket's site and have no idea how to set this up.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert