Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
fuhur
fuhur began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Sony ereader prs 600 is out - how about Europe?

Hi!

I'm new here. I've been watching the sonystyle site for a few days now and today they finally allow ordering of the prs 600s. This is also when I discovered that they do not ship outside the US.

I've browsed a few other EU sites like the French and German sonystyles, but it seems they don't have the 600 model yet and they don't ship internationally anyway.

I was wondering if you have any suggestions for an online shop that ships to Europe, specifically Romania and that also has the prs 600 available.

Thanks!

Last edited by fuhur; 08-26-2009 at 07:10 AM.
fuhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Many people order from http://www.bhphotovideo.com

They do ship internationally. If they don't have the new models currently listed, I'm sure that they will do shortly. The PRS-600 is not actually "available" anywhere yet, AFAIK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
fuhur

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep an eye on B&H.

Quote:
The PRS-600 is not actually "available" anywhere yet, AFAIK.
The ereader pages on the sonystyle.com site changed today and the button that said pre-order now says add to cart. It also says In stock.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Both the Pocket and Touch are up for preorder on bol.com:
http://www.bol.com/nl/s/elektronica/...136/index.html
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
fuhur

thanks for the suggestion, Nate the great. However the price tags on those don't look right. 300€ isn't the same as 300$. I'll keep looking
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #6
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhur View Post
thanks for the suggestion, Nate the great. However the price tags on those don't look right. 300€ isn't the same as 300$. I'll keep looking
That's unfortunatley what they usually do... Just translate the us dollar pricetag straight over to the same amount of Euros. But please holler if you find another and cheaper pricetag
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Alas, bol.com doesn't ship electronics outside Nethelands. Same issue with the UK shops.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Won't ship outside Netherlands...
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #9
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Probably not the ideal thread to ask, but it does pertain to regional issues, does anyone know how strict the address checking is on the sony store for people trying to use non-american creditcards, can you get away with buying from there?
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
heyume
heyume began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anyone know if borders.com will ship outside of the US?
heyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
Momo_Germany
Connoisseur
Momo_Germany began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 (great!!) +DX, Sony PRS-505,-700,-600 (dislike!), iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyume View Post
Yes, they do, but as far as I know they don't use a fast shipping-method, so I'm afraid it might take weeks until the parcel would arrive.

B+H Photo Video ship to Europe via UPS normally within 3-5 days.

Best wishes,
Momo
Momo_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #12
heyume
heyume began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks,

For the PRS-600 they seem to have cheapest international shipping.
$309 vs $360 from B+H
heyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #13
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyume View Post
B&H Photo has shipped overseas and is accepting orders.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:59 AM   #14
fuhur

I ordered the Black PRS 600 from bhphoto 2 days ago. I am now waiting for it to arrive in stock.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:03 AM   #15
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Probably not the ideal thread to ask, but it does pertain to regional issues, does anyone know how strict the address checking is on the sony store for people trying to use non-american creditcards, can you get away with buying from there?
Books or Readers? Books it' fairly ok, but problem for the reader is the shipping part- won't ship outside US, I think.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
europe, shipping, sony 600