Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Double Collections with internal and SD books

I'm testing a Sony PRS-600, and put my entire Calibre library (500+ books) split across the device and the SD card (PDFs and ePubs from the public library on the internal, my ePub on the SD). The tags/collections are spread across both the internal and SD memory.

When I browse collections, anytime there is a tag that is used in both internal and SD card, it is listed TWICE. Example: literary - I have books tagged literary in both places, it shows up twice under collections. Once with the titles are on the internal memory, again with the books that are on the SD card.

It seemed odd to me and I wanted to make sure I haven't got something set wrong in preferences.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
That's a Sony thing. If books in the same collection are on both the SD card and internal memory, you get a collection for each (one with a little "SD" symbol, one without).
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
It seemed odd to me and I wanted to make sure I haven't got something set wrong in preferences.
It is odd but there isn't a preference you can set to address this issue.

Obviously if you don't split collections between internal memory and the SD card this problem goes away. It bugged me enough that I kept closer track of where I sent my books so collections would not be split between memory areas.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
THanks!

Just making sure I hadn't missed something in the Preferences. It's not mission-critical, since it's not like I have too look in too many places - just two (unless I get a MemoryStick!).

It's a great idea to assign collections/tags to locations. With books coming on and off the device from the public library, I think it would be too arduous for me to try and manage the collections by location. I'm too cheap - I'll sacrifice a few seconds for searching in favor of free books
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote