Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
eBook dnload work-flow recomendations.

Can someone please list a work-flow that they use to dnload books & then manage with Calibre.
I would like to use either Adobe Digital Editions or Sony Reader Library to authenticate & then Calibre to manage the library. Don't know which is better to use Digital Editions or Sony Reader Lib. I will most likely be dnloading eBooks from several sources & some of them are DRM'd & some use .ascm files. I do not need instructions for removing DRM.

Thanks,
kev

Last edited by bugeyed; 07-05-2010 at 04:07 PM.
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
95% non drm books, buy / download epub if offered, load into Calibre (under linux), send to my PRS-505, which I have set up with custom firmware and epub formatting.

If no drm, no epub: load into Calibre, convert into epub*, send to device.

If drm: boot into Windows (vista 32 bit though I doubt it makes a difference), download with ADE, for ADE stuff or kindle for pc.

liberate.

boot back into linux, import into Calibre and proceed as before.

* if they offered lrf but no epub I'd probably leave it as I got it, all conversions needed are to epub for longevity. I convert .txt, html and other stuff the reader can handle itself because I've found the extra formatting the reader does before displaying them really shortens battery life.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert