Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
alexmobile
alexmobile began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
How to keep author and title info when dragging-and-dropping RTF files

I am trying to transfer my books in RTF format to PRS-505 directly from Windows Explorer, by dragging and dropping.
When I drop the file it says that Document Summary Info might be lost if I proceed, so I have to say OK and as a result the title and author are not correctly displayed: the Reader takes the author info from User Information in Microsoft Word and title from the first line of text within the file. The Reader completely disregards the file name.
So where should I have the title and author info so the Reader gets it right? Of course, I don’t want to change User Information in Microsoft Word for every book I dump to the Reader. Nor would I like to install a program (like Sony Ebook) just to dump files to the Reader.
Is this possible or am I asking too much?
alexmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Put the info you want, like the title and author, into Word's 'properties' box, which you can find under the 'file' menu. It may be better to import your books to the sony software or calibre, rather than dragging and dropping.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
alexmobile
alexmobile began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Thanks a lot! Awesome! Never knew there was this thing in Word!
alexmobile is offline   Reply With Quote