Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Using Book Designer in Windows 8

Has anyone tried to install Book Designer on Windows 8? And if so, were they successful and what problems did they encounter that were different from those installing the software on Windows 7 computers?

Jim
Strether is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Hello Jim
I have just started to play around with Windows 8 and have loaded Bookdesigner. It has loaded successfully but it I can't get it to read my .rtf files. Also, I can't get it to create .lrf files. If you have managed to get it working I would be interested to hear from you.
Liz
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Liz,

When I asked my question, I was looking ahead to what I might expect from this program if I bought a Windows 8 computer. I haven't bought one yet, so can't share experiences with you.

The only thing that occurs to me is to ask if you do have MS Word installed? I think BD needs this to function properly.

Jim
Old 03-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
tjika
tjika began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs650
Has anyone been able to get book designer to work in windows 8?
tjika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:33 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, I'm running it on my Surface Pro with Windows 8.1.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
tjika
tjika began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs650
Are you able to convert to LRF?

After some work I was able to get it installed, but can not convert to LRF. I get ' failed to make sony reader file'.
tjika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #7
Strether
Guru

This is just a stab in the dark, but if you look in your Book Designer File, is there a folder labelled Sony Reader? If not, create one and see what happens when you try to create an lrf document. It's been a long time, but it seems to me in one of my installations of BD you had to create a couple of folders, including LastFile and Sony Reader.

Jim
Old 03-19-2014, 05:21 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, LRF creation works fine for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote