Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
As twobob said ^^.

Is a decryption key needed for downloading?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip1.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	100317

Last edited by PoP; 01-30-2013 at 08:46 PM.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Merged those two almost identical threads into one.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #18
Lupines
Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G+Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
The bug. That makes it not work the first time... It's probably the soundcard taking it's sweet time to respond. And probably not your fault. I seem to recall some horrible workaround I came up with.... erm... aplay ./10msSilence.wav; ./doNextThing.sh seems to ring a bell. I also seem to recall we possibly located a kernel level bug that was probably at fault. It would all be in the original Audio Thread I think

I can't seem to grab those mega files. Links okay? I am not getting a "Download files" or "Enter decryption key" page. Just the home page. Would like to play with them : D

(Text to speech options in KUAL? maybe... would be nice to have some accessibility on the devices that can support it.)

Once I can I will give this a full testing out. Great work. thanks.
That would probably fix the soundcard problem. But (not your fault) it is a nasty fix. You can also tell by sticking your ear next to the kindle speakers when the /dev is open or not. I still don't know if it is either a problem with the sound driver, or a problem with the alsa-lib on flite.

Sorry about the broken links. I fixed them now on the original post. Check it out and let me know if you can't get the files.

Lupines.

Last edited by Lupines; 01-30-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Lupines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
Lupines
Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Lupines never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
As twobob said ^^.

Is a decryption key needed for downloading?

Attachment 100317
I fixed the links. Give it a try now. I also added a mirror for both files.

Mirror for both files -> ge.tt/86zHm1X

Lupines.

Last edited by Lupines; 01-31-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #20
Lupines

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Do you plan to create a ttsd replacement ?
Two years ago I started to work on it but then discovered a TTS voice suitable for the built-in TTS engine and lost my interest.
All I have is a stub listening on DBus.
Well, my plan was to create a replacement to get voices in other languages other than English. Where did you discover this new voice for ttsd?

Thanks,
Lupines.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #21
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupines View Post
Well, my plan was to create a replacement to get voices in other languages other than English. Where did you discover this new voice for ttsd?

Thanks,
Lupines.
1, 2, 3
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #22
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
blllllaaaarrg!

Decryption error!

EDIT: Nope. I am defeated.

Last edited by twobob; 01-30-2013 at 09:47 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #23
Lupines

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
1, 2, 3
Thanks, I'll review all these.

Lupines
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #24
Lupines

Quote:
blllllaaaarrg!

Decryption error!

EDIT: Nope. I am defeated.
I put both files on another hosting site. It seems that Mega needs flash from adobe to work, or you won't be able to get them. Hope you can get them this time. Let me know if this doesn't work.

Lupines.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 AM   #25
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent. I have them now. many thanks!

[root@kindle root]# flite " "; flite "test test"

Works great.

Some documentation http://nerdvittles.com/aah2/flite.html

I have noted the lag time...
[root@kindle root]# flite "1 2 3 "; is about the amount of time it takes for the soundcard to kick in.

Last edited by twobob; 01-31-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 AM   #26
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
I fixed the links. Give it a try now. I also added a mirror for both files.

Lupines.
Yep, I see you added the decryption key in your post. OP links and mirror now worked fine for me. Thanks.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #27
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Yep, I see you added the decryption key in your post. OP links and mirror now worked fine for me. Thanks.
Which is now post #12 of the combined threads:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=12
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #28
Lupines

Quote:
Excellent. I have them now. many thanks!

[root@kindle root]# flite " "; flite "test test"

Works great.

Some documentation http://nerdvittles.com/aah2/flite.html

I have noted the lag time...
[root@kindle root]# flite "1 2 3 "; is about the amount of time it takes for the soundcard to kick in.
I believe the problem is with the executable size. I'll see if I can come up with a smaller version of this. Maybe not using the -EMBEDDED option will allow not to include all the libraries inside the binary. I'll have to look into this.

Lupines.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 AM   #29
Lupines

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Do you plan to create a ttsd replacement ?
Two years ago I started to work on it but then discovered a TTS voice suitable for the built-in TTS engine and lost my interest.
All I have is a stub listening on DBus.
I had a look at what you did and it is awesome. It works for me. I guess the only trade off is that some of the voices have really low quality. I was looking for the one for Spanish and it uses Spain's accent, which is completely different from other Spanish accents. I thought that maybe with flite with can have all that fixed, and also without the need of using proprietary software. Do you think it is possible for you to get flite integrated into your code? I haven't looked at it, yet. So far I only got English working, but it was thinking in adding other languages.

Lupines.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #30
twobob

Quote:
I had a look at what you did and it is awesome. It works for me. I guess the only trade off is that some of the voices have really low quality. I was looking for the one for Spanish and it uses Spain's accent, which is completely different from other Spanish accents. I thought that maybe with flite with can have all that fixed, and also without the need of using proprietary software. Do you think it is possible for you to get flite integrated into your code? I haven't looked at it, yet. So far I only got English working, but it was thinking in adding other languages.

Lupines.
I will have a look - at some point in the future - into creating realistic voice models that we can push out to these tools.

I refuse to be limited by the lack of available public domain resource. If they don't exist let's just read the manuals and make some. My thoughts on the matter. Will certainly be looking into what is required to make a "better" voice.

Tags
speech;text;flite, text;speech;wav;mp3