Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2021, 08:54 AM   #1
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
On-Screen Keyboard Leaves Used Keys Highlighted

Both our Formas are now leaving the keys on the on-screen keyboard highlighted after typing on them. I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening a couple of days ago. Is anyone else seeing this? I'd think it happened with a firmware update. But, according to Settings > Device Information, the Software Version is 4.26.16704 and is dated back in February. Could this be simply ghosting? Both our keyboards are set to refresh the screen every chapter. But, I don't know if changing that would help with keystrokes on the keyboard.

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 06-23-2021 at 09:00 AM.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:17 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
Both our Formas are now leaving the keys on the on-screen keyboard highlighted after typing on them. I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening a couple of days ago. Is anyone else seeing this? I'd think it happened with a firmware update. But, according to Settings > Device Information, the Software Version is 4.26.16704 and is dated back in February. Could this be simply ghosting? Both our keyboards are set to refresh the screen every chapter. But, I don't know if changing that would help with keystrokes on the keyboard.
I've noticed that for the last couple of firmware revisions so it's not new.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
On-Screen Keyboard Leaves Used Keys Highlighted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've noticed that for the last couple of firmware revisions so it's not new.

Yes, it’s an annoying refresh bug that I recently noticed as well. I keep hoping that they’ll fix it, but my brand new Kobo Elipsa had the ghosted keys as well.

Dave, I’m glad you’ve been using the forum to get help, but I’m starting to get worried about you. Have you and your wife had any POSITIVE experiences with your Kobos? LOL I sure hope so. I have both Kindle and Kobo devices, and I prefer Kobo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 06-25-2021 at 07:52 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:28 PM   #4
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Yep. Even though I'm mostly here with problems, in general, the positives outweigh the negatives. In this case, it's just an irritation that doesn't really matter. I just wish there were some way to send bug reports to them. I don't suppose their official, base software is open source and is someplace on Github that I haven't been able to find?
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:09 PM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
Yep. Even though I'm mostly here with problems, in general, the positives outweigh the negatives. In this case, it's just an irritation that doesn't really matter. I just wish there were some way to send bug reports to them. I don't suppose their official, base software is open source and is someplace on Github that I haven't been able to find?

Nope. The only way to send a bug report is to visit Kobo.com and find the Feedback link. It should be along the right side of the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert