Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android
Does this plugin exist?

Hey again everyone,

I was wondering if there was a plugin that allowed us to download images from Images.google.com, without having to 'Search the Internet'. I am growing tired of having to download cover after cover after cover manually.

Also, it seems that the best covers *are* on Google Images. It's sad that the current ebook plugins like FantasticFiction and such aren't as good as that.

Edit: Okay, I was able to find out how to drag-and-drop, but I would still like a Google Plugin because I don't know if my covers are the best, and I don't know which are the worst.

Last edited by Dullahir; 02-26-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Dullahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullahir View Post
I was wondering if there was a plugin that allowed us to download images from Images.google.com, without having to 'Search the Internet'. I am growing tired of having to download cover after cover after cover manually.
Yes and no. There is no metadata plugin that will pick an image from Google images and present it to you during the download metadata and covers process. Google images are to unreliable for any automatic process.

There is a Search the Internet plugin that allows you to click on a book and go straight to Google images for that book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullahir View Post
It's sad that the current ebook plugins like FantasticFiction and such aren't as good as that.
I use the following metadata download plugins to acquire the selection of covers from which to choose.

Barnes & Noble
Fantastic Fiction
Goodreads
and the built-in Amazon metadata plugin.

These four plugins usually provide me with a suitable cover to choose from. If I don't find a suitable cover I use the previously mentioned Search The Internet plugin (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	searchtheinternet.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	102077  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The default Metadata download Configuration screen allows you to set the Preference priority for covers.
My #1 is Fantastic Fiction (for uniform and medium size (~300x500),
Open Library is #2
Google #3
I have disabled others. YMMV
I also set which metadata fields com from which source there.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote