Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
Alt68er
Alt68er began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch lux (623)
How to search/replace double quote with left/right double quote ?

Hi,

I have a lot of ebooks which are using the correct left double quote but at the end the double quote instead of the correct right double quote.

When doing a search and replace then ALL the double quotes are replaced which is not really helpfull in case of

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
or

Code:
<p><span class="S-T">
or similar expressions.

I want to replace them only within the "normal" text.

Can anyone tell me please how I can do that? I did not find a way by myself...

1000 thanks in advance and regards,
Peter
Alt68er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
ebook-editor (part of) Calibre has smartypants built in
You don't need to convert to use the new editor, but you do need to install Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Try running these three sequences, in order:

Code:
Search: ([>\s])\&quot\;(.*?[^\s])\&quot\;([<\s])
Replace: \1&ldquo;\2&rdquo;\3

Search: ([>\s])\&quot\;(.*?[^\s])\&rdquo\;([<\s])

Search: ([>\s])\&ldquo\;(.*?[^\s])\&quot\;([<\s])
You can replace the entity names with whatever characters you need, such as " or ', or other appropriate entity names, such as British single-quotes, or cyrillic double-angle quotes, etc.

Don't forget to notice the "literal" slashes if you modify the expression.

It should properly ignore the quotation marks inside of HTML tags. Nonetheless, experiment with care.

I've modified this slightly from my NoteTab use to suit Sigil -- it may have errors -- if anyone notices, please inform and update.

Aloha.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
ebook-editor (part of) Calibre has smartypants built in
You don't need to convert to use the new editor, but you do need to install Calibre
The Polish Books function in calibre also has it as an option. As does the Modify ePub plugin which is what I normally use out of long standing habit.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
Alt68er
Alt68er began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch lux (623)
Thanks a lot for your attention and hints.

First I tried the "Polish books function" in the calibre ebook-editor. This really works great with one mouseclick.

Thanks again and a nice weekend,
Peter
Alt68er is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert