Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Petition for a graphite Kindle 6" international

With the Graphite DX out now (with 50% better contrast screen as well) I thought we'd start a petition for a new K2i... although I'm sure the next generation will have a graphite version... lets spur them on people!

Would you sell your K2i for a graphite version? I would

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 07-03-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You want a 6 FOOT reader? What for? As a billboard?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
LOL! I'd be happy with a 6" screen -- I like the form factor of the device.

I wonder if the Kindle 3, graphite or not (I like the porcelain, btw), will improve the keyboard?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Fixed it for you!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
LOL
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Oh that would be cool! Though I probably would just end up putting a screensaver(with a Napoleonic pose) of myself and hang it on my living room wall.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

Device: none
With my black Decalgirl skin on my K2i, the contrast is 50% better.
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Would you sell your K2i for a graphite version?
No. I tend to drive things till the wheels fall off, then buy new.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-03-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Correction
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Decalgirl will fix the graphite issue.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #10
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
No, I would not sell my current (white) K2i for a graphite model.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
I'm not much good with feet and inches, since I grew up on the metric system... I once went to Subway and asked for a 6 foot sub...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #12
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I'm not much good with feet and inches, since I grew up on the metric system... I once went to Subway and asked for a 6 foot sub...
Priceless.

I grew up with both. And with pre decimal currency. 14th February 1966 and all that jingle. I prefer inches and feet when it comes to height. Seriously, what does something 172 cms tall mean when it comes to describing people. Say 6' 3" and we can all visualise that. But I prefer weight in kilos than lbs; temps in centigrade and not fahrenheit; miles rather than kilometres.

I know,
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #13
Rob612
Rob612 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
No, I would not sell my current (white) K2i for a graphite model.
Same here, im pretty happy with the one I have and see no reason for a change. I MAY consider buying a second one as a backup just in case mine fails for some reason, being in Europe and eventually having to ship it back to the US for service if the need arises will leave me without my daily reading fix... and thats a no go
Rob612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:51 AM   #14
Rob612
Rob612 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Priceless.

I grew up with both. And with pre decimal currency. 14th February 1966 and all that jingle. I prefer inches and feet when it comes to height. Seriously, what does something 172 cms tall mean when it comes to describing people. Say 6' 3" and we can all visualise that. But I prefer weight in kilos than lbs; temps in centigrade and not fahrenheit; miles rather than kilometres.

I know,

Not really a matter of off topic... more a matter of really mixed up measuring systems !!!! I wont be able to mix in that way. Mind you, if that works for you by all means go for it, but I'd be totally confused lol !

Ok ok... off topic again, sorry about it.
Rob612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #15
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
LMAO... hadn't look at this since I first posted the thread. Its funny what missing the SHIFT key can cause lol.

I'm in Australia and I'm only 31 so I grew up with the metric system. Being a maths student I can convert inches to feet to metres, miles to km, and fahrenheit to celcius quite easily though... stones and yards are the ones I've yet to master, although there's not too much call for that nowadays is there... and I don't really watch golf :-P

Read on another thread that Amazon 6" orders aren't going to be shipped until late August... the speculation being that they've run out of stock coz of the retail pickup (Target etc), or they're gonna let something new loose on the market... bring on the K3i !!!
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote