Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #16
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Just announced: retroactive 14 days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerina1623 View Post

Oh no way...
So I'll be completely honest, I have been debating buying the EZ Reader Pro since August of last year. I FINALLY broke down and used my bonus money to buy one.. on Sunday. Literally two days ago and now there's a sale that would have made a huge difference for me. lol! Just my luck
If I call customer service do you think they'll be able to help me a bit considering that I *just* (5 minutes ago) eagerly opened my freshly delivered unit? *plead*
Dear Katerina:

Occasionally, the PM does something very nice and warm hearted!! Astak will refund the difference between $199 and $175 to anybody who purchased an EZ Reader Basic or Pocket PRO from www.theEZreader.com or www.astak.com for exactly 14 days prior to this sale!! You will not get the 2GB SD card... but you will get a refund of $24. Now, has anyone ever heard of any other eBook Reader seller giving back money?? I am astonished and proud to announce this!!

I would say we are a VERY different company.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Katerina:

Occasionally, the PM does something very nice and warm hearted!! Astak will refund the difference between $199 and $175 to anybody who purchased an EZ Reader Basic or Pocket PRO from www.theEZreader.com or www.astak.com for exactly 14 days prior to this sale!! You will not get the 2GB SD card... but you will get a refund of $24. Now, has anyone ever heard of any other eBook Reader seller giving back money?? I am astonished and proud to announce this!!

That's awesome! Even though this doesn't apply to me, it's another great reason I am so glad I went with Astak!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #18
Katerina1623
Katerina1623 began at the beginning.

Device: Astek Ez Reader Pro
Quote:
Dear Katerina:

That is totally awesome!!! That makes me incredibly happy and just instills even more confidence that i made the right move by going with you guys for my e-reader. Yay!! Thank you so much, that's so cool.
I sent an email to support@astak.com .. is that all i need to do? You guys rock
Katerina1623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just sit back and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerina1623 View Post
That is totally awesome!!! That makes me incredibly happy and just instills even more confidence that i made the right move by going with you guys for my e-reader. Yay!! Thank you so much, that's so cool.
I sent an email to support@astak.com .. is that all i need to do? You guys rock
Dear Katerina:

They have all the orders on record here for the last 14 days beforee the sale started. They will automatically start the refund. It is fine that you sent the email... but it is not needed really. They will take care of everything.

Remember, companies do check runs and sometimes it can take several days from when we enter for the refund for you to where it will be run off and mailed. I know you are fine; but I want others to know that they need to relax a bit and let the process work. PLEASE do not expect a check tomorrow. It may take two weeks before they arrive in the mail.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #20
Robertb

Thank you, Davimee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
That's awesome! Even though this doesn't apply to me, it's another great reason I am so glad I went with Astak!
Dear Davimee:

Your post is wonderful and I thank you for this.

Posts like yours make me happy to be the interface twixt Astak and MobileRead.
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #21
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #22
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
WOW! That's amazing Robert! Good on Astak!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #23
Robertb

Trying to make people happy with purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
WOW! That's amazing Robert! Good on Astak!
Dear Laura:

Astak just looks at things a bit differently that other companies. I think big companies look at the sale and say "good, that is done". We look at a sale as the start of spreading the good word. We are, slowly, starting to advertise some and get good reviews from reviewers. But, it is people who buy an Astak device and use it in public that get most of our sales for us.

Likewise, we really have all ours hopes in sales on our eBook store (www.EZread.com). Selling eBook Readers is my passion and I love what devices we sell... but there is no profit at all in the devices.

So, we do not want people to feel badly about a new purchase because of a sale. Refunding some money makes people, I hope, feel that Astak is guarding their interests a bit too.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #24
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
A company I worked for many many moons ago used to train its staff that Perception was the only Reality when it comes to customer service, and that we shouldn't just seek to meet our customers' expections, but always to exceed them. There is a reason that this company was so much more successful than its local competitors. I always appreciate it when I see companies out there that hold to that same high principle, as Astek seems to be doing here.

Going to show the 5" Pro to my own mother in the next day or two, as she has been wanting a dedicated ereader, and I think it is a good match for her.
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #25
Robertb

"Perception is everything, reality is nothing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalandar View Post
A company I worked for many many moons ago used to train its staff that Perception was the only Reality when it comes to customer service, and that we shouldn't just seek to meet our customers' expections, but always to exceed them. There is a reason that this company was so much more successful than its local competitors. I always appreciate it when I see companies out there that hold to that same high principle, as Astek seems to be doing here.

Going to show the 5" Pro to my own mother in the next day or two, as she has been wanting a dedicated ereader, and I think it is a good match for her.
Dear Jalandar:

That was my motto for a great number of years. I use to put it on giveaways at Trade Shows. The intent was to get our staff know that reality was not very meaningful... it was the customer's perception that was important. Just doing our job was not enough.

Thank You!!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #26
flyawaytip
flyawaytip began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Exclamation

Quote:
Dear All:

Starting today, prices for the EZ Reader Basic and EZ Reader Pocket PRO will drop to their lowest ever. AND... we are including a FREE 2GB SD card with 700 classics preloaded... including 200 titles just for that special mother of yours (though there are plenty of titles for you too):

EZ Reader 6 inch Basic.......................... $199.00 plus freight

EZ Reader 5 inch Pocket PRO.................. $175.00 plus freight

We are trying to blow out even our best EZ Readers! That 2GB card and the preloaded titles are gravy!! Taxes still may apply.

This sale ends promptly at midnight on May 16... so you do not have long to do this. Don't keep mother waiting!! MOTHER wants to READ!!

This is NOT the start of lower rates. Get them while they are in stock. Prices will go back up immediately after this sale.

The sale applies to www.theEZreader.com and www.astak.com. That means it applies to both the 50 states AND Internationally! All colors on the Pocket PRO are in the sale WHILE THEY LAST. This offer is subject to stock on hand, folks, and no rain checks. If we are out of your color... better choose another quickly. Slate Blue and Maroon are already low.

You do NOT have to have a mother to take advantage of this SALE! Pretend your kids are buying you one, if you like! OR... HIRE a mother for the day!! Just purchase while you still can! 12:01 a.m. on May 17 will be too late!!

I'm trying to order the Pocket Pro and i've tried all the shipping methods. But it seems all options come with shipping fee (this applies to both domestic and inter site). Which option am I suppose to choose or it's not actually freight exempt?
flyawaytip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #27
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyawaytip View Post

I'm trying to order the Pocket Pro and i've tried all the shipping methods. But it seems all options come with shipping fee (this applies to both domestic and inter site). Which option am I suppose to choose or it's not actually freight exempt?
The price is quoted , Plus Freight (that is the Shipping Fees, part)
Those prices, WITH SHIPPING, are less than I paid last year
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:22 AM   #28
flyawaytip
flyawaytip began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The price is quoted , Plus Freight (that is the Shipping Fees, part)
Those prices, WITH SHIPPING, are less than I paid last year
Oh..right...sorry, my bad. thx so much..

// just made my order. thx so much!

Last edited by flyawaytip; 05-15-2010 at 01:06 PM.
flyawaytip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #29
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
This sounds great, and I'm tempted! I would like to clarify something though - I've looked at the dimensions of the 5" device, but it's hard to visualize the numbers. I had to find a book that's close to the dimensions of the reader, but all of them were at least several centimeters larger. I finally took a piece of A4 paper, folded it twice and measured it.

It turns out that the folded piece of paper is 5mm wider than the device, and 4mm shorter. Is this an accurate representation? If it is, it seems terribly small to me, and my eyesight is not what it used to be.

I'm asking since I originally wanted to get a 9" reader, but it seems those with Sipix screens will not be available until the second half of this year. It's a long time for me to wait since I have a massive amount of files to read for my postgrad and I can't keep printing them. Most of them are academic pdfs, and they don't have many formulas and such, but do sometimes have illustrations.

My decision also depends on whether there's something else I'll have to spend money on and I won't know until some time tomorrow. Cutting it close!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #30
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The 6" device is a bit older and missing some of the features of the 5" device but it is bigger and that may make all the difference in trying to read PDF files in particular. I have both and my wife prefers the 6" device (EZ Reader Basic) for all her reading. It is her favorite while walking on a treadmill.

The 5" is 3" x 4" screen or 12 square inches while the 6" device is 4.8" x 3.6" or 17.28 square inches which is 44% larger.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote