Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
ramjet1953
ramjet1953 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Question Can I stop Sigil from inserting sgc formatting commands?

Hi, Guys!

Is there any way to stop Sigil inserting sgc formatting commands into my epub when I edit it?

I would rather just stick with the standard css stylesheet as sgc's override everything.

Regards,
Roger
ramjet1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet1953 View Post
Hi, Guys!

Is there any way to stop Sigil inserting sgc formatting commands into my epub when I edit it?

I would rather just stick with the standard css stylesheet as sgc's override everything.

Regards,
Roger
AFAIK there is no way to do that. However, if you try to change the code manually everything turns to gibberish. Passing Flight Crew is nice but Tidy Knows Best is ridiculous. I format the code to work not only in ePub but in MOBI and the fancy stuff doesn't work in MOBI.

Valorick, please turn it off or at least give the option and do so quickly!!!

This post may sound shrill but it's the sound of my teeth grinding.

Posted with love and gentleness.

Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Valorick, please turn it off or at least give the option and do so quickly!!!
This is already implemented in trunk.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Great.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Wonderful!!!!

I can go to the dentist and get a new set of dentures.

Charlie

P.S. To see how grateful I am I will ensure your name is spelled correctly from here on out.

Last edited by crutledge; 11-22-2010 at 12:02 PM.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
sgc's