Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
mufler
mufler began at the beginning.

Device: none
List of Calibre error codes/messages

Hi folks!

I am fairly new to the Cailbre's world of wonder

I have a question that I hope some of you can answer, or point me in the right direction.

Is there a list of all possible error codes or messages that Calibre generates/outputs when converting an e-book from epub to mobi?

I want to figure out which error messages are critical for the final conversion result and which of the errors are minor warnings which do not affect the results.

Any help is much appretiated!

kind regards,
Mufler
mufler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I don't have a legitimate response for you except to say that the main calibre programmer (Kovidgoyal) went away on vacation starting today. So it might take some time for you to get a response.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufler View Post
I want to figure out which error messages are critical for the final conversion result and which of the errors are minor warnings which do not affect the results.
It is my experience that any error during conversion that is serious enough to effect the results will abort the conversion process without providing a completed result.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:59 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is no list of error messages available. One must read the code to find out what can fail and when.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no such list. Any serious error will abort the conversion. Any error that does not abort the conversion just means that some aspect of the result is not optimal. Whether that non-optimality is important is user-dependent, which is why such erros do not abort the conversion.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
mufler
mufler began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you all for clarifying this!
mufler is offline   Reply With Quote