Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
calibre2opds - Nook Tablet Web Browser

Hi, I have set up calibre2opds and created catalog in the root directory of the Calibre folder, I am trying to figure how to access it from a Nook Tabet.

I have entered the url to the web browser in the Nook ex.
http://192.168.1.130:8008/_catalog/index.xml.

I just get web page not found.

I must be missing something, I don't have a "Web Server" set up, is that my problem? If it is how would I set up a webserver on my local machine, this would just be for personal use.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Yes - you need a web server for this to work.

What machine/OS are you using to host the calibre library and calibre2opds catalog as that will affect what are sensible options for a web server? What is the path to the Calibre library (and thus the the Calibre2Opds catalog).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Win 7 Home Premium

Local Machine

Calibre Lib C:\Users\{user}\Documents\EBooks

Cat: C:\Users\{user}\Documents\EBooks\_catalog

thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
Maggie-Me
Zealot

Thread: calibre2opds - Nook Tablet Web Browser RESOLVED

I figured everything out, intalled iis and mapped for download.
thanks for any response
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
I figured everything out, intalled iis and mapped for download.
thanks for any response
Glad to hear it

If by any chance you have any notes on the steps involved I would be more than happy to add them to the documentation for reference by other users.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert