Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mncowboy
Is there a single regex that can do this in Sigil?
Thanks in advance.
Find:
Code:
<a href="#_edn(\d+)" name="_ednref(\d+)" title=""><span class="MsoEndnoteReference"><span class="MsoEndnoteReference"><b><span style="font-size:8.0pt;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:black">\[(\d+)\]</span></b></span></span></a>
Replace:
Code:
<a href="#_edn\1" id="_ednref\2" title=""><sup>[\3]</sup></a>
Or if you know, absolutely, that the numbers will always be the same across each instance:
Find:
Code:
<a href="#_edn(\d+)" name="_ednref\d+" title=""><span class="MsoEndnoteReference"><span class="MsoEndnoteReference"><b><span style="font-size:8.0pt;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;;color:black">\[\d+\]</span></b></span></span></a>
Replace:
Code:
<a href="#_edn\1" id="_ednref\1" title=""><sup>[\1]</sup></a>
NOTE: I replaced the "name" attribute with "id" because "name" is old and tired.
EDIT: The above stuff is all based on the assumption that the <b>, <span>, and font-family/size stuff is identical in all of the original endnote code instances. You'd need to make judicious use of (.*?) if not.
(and I had a mistake in the first edition of this post that I corrected)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-17-2012 at 10:36 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #62
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
Thank you sir!!
Changing name= to id= is one of the first S&R I do on a document.

You would think that Word would have changed over by now.

Last edited by mncowboy; 04-17-2012 at 10:48 AM.
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #63
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Specifying space character in replace field?

With the old regex engine, I could use '\x20' to specify a space in the replacement pattern, but that no longer works in the current version.

Other than using a literal space, how do I specify a space character in the replace field? (I don't want to use a literal space, because I often save my s/r patterns in a development notes file, and they're hard to see in plain text.)
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #64
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
You could use

Code:
& #32;
(remove the space)

Edit: I think you might only be able use that if the replace is part of text - not inside a tag.

Last edited by Perkin; 04-20-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #65
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
You could use

Code:
& #32;
(remove the space)

Edit: I think you might only be able use that if the replace is part of text - not inside a tag.
That would work, but I was looking for something that would insert an actual ASCII space in the text, rather than an entity (for readability).

After lots of experimenting, I discovered that I could use
Code:
\U \E
as the replacement term but that seems indirect and inelegant. But it works.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #66
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

It's just a small question. To select letters intended to become dropcaps, I use this part of a Regex:
([A-Z])

However, I realize this does not select accented capitals that do exist in French (like É, À, Ô and so on). Of course, I can just suppress their accents. But if I wish to make a drop-cap out of an accented capital, what would be the code?

([.]) is a catch-all. Have you better?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #67
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi

It's just a small question. To select letters intended to become dropcaps, I use this part of a Regex:
([A-Z])

However, I realize this does not select accented capitals that do exist in French (like É, À, Ô and so on). Of course, I can just suppress their accents. But if I wish to make a drop-cap out of an accented capital, what would be the code?

([A-ZÉÀÔ])

the dash just means range. the normal is any one of these. You can use both as I have
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #68
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Code:
\p{Lu}
Will catch all upper-case letters (including unicode characters), if that's what you're looking for. Add parentheses to make it a capture group if desired, of course.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-11-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #69
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DiapDealer, theducks

Thanks very much for your replies. As this regex is intended to be used for French texts, I will use theducks' proposal. I just did not know one could add letters this way as I did not see any example of it.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #70
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@DiapDealer, theducks

Thanks very much for your replies. As this regex is intended to be used for French texts, I will use theducks' proposal. I just did not know one could add letters this way as I did not see any example of it.
Just so you know, it doesn't matter what language it is. If it's a valid uppercase letter (including unicode characters with acute, grave, breve umlauts—any valid diacritic, really), (\p{Lu}) will capture it. But whatever you're comfortable with is the way to go.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-12-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #71
roger64
Wizard

@DiapDealer

Did not see you reply in time. It really needed your explanation. Yes of course, this is also a very convenient solution. I note it. Thanks again.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #72
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Change Chapter text to Heading

How can I change in Sigil all the occurrences of "Chapter" like the following example:
Quote:
Chapter One
Where "One" can be "Two", "Three", and so on...

...or even "1", "2", "3",...

with

Quote:
<h1>Chapter [the text that goes after the word Chapter]</h1>
Many thanks!

Edit: Never mind I think I found the solution in JeremyR's post. Many thanks, JeremyR

Last edited by paulfiera; 06-05-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Found solution.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #73
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
You don't say what the original Chapter One looks like in code view. Just the text isn't sufficient to make sure the find/replace is correct.

Assuming you have
Code:
<p>Chapter SOMETHING</p>
and want
Code:
<h1>Chapter SOMETHING</h1>
then
Code:
Find:    (?sU)<p>Chapter (.*)</p>
Replace: <h1>Chapter \1</h1>
might get you what you want.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #74
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
You don't say what the original Chapter One looks like in code view. Just the text isn't sufficient to make sure the find/replace is correct.

Assuming you have
Code:
<p>Chapter SOMETHING</p>
and want
Code:
<h1>Chapter SOMETHING</h1>
then
Code:
Find:    (?sU)<p>Chapter (.*)</p>
Replace: <h1>Chapter \1</h1>
might get you what you want.
Many thanks, meme. You are correct.

In Code View it is

Quote:
<p class="calibre4">CHAPTER 1</p>
Using JeremyR's code seems to do the trick. The Chapters are now

Quote:
<h3>CHAPTER 1</h3>
I omitted the horizontal line and used calibre to split the html at every h3.

Don't know if I'm doing this right though

I have more books with the same issue. I'll try with your code next time.

Many thanks.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #75
roger64
Wizard

Successive Find and Replace

I wish to clean an html text which suffers from recurrent mistakes from an OCR engine (Cuneiform).

When I meet one the mistakes, I make a replacement and I note it. After some pages, I met most of the mistakes and now I intend to build a regex, adding as many as 15 successive simple search and replace like the following two.
A@ → à
B@ → ç
I do not know how to perform these 15 F&R within a simple regex.Suppose I would like to build it for the two above, what should I write?

Nota: I already use utf8 for the whole text.