Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
eBook download errors - who to contact?

I've got about a dozen books that I can't download from Simon & Schuster; Adobe Digital Editions reports "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL", while Sony Reader reports "Adobe error (-1044)".

Who should I be contacting to get this resolved? (Hopefully not Simon & Schuster, since their customer service is just ignoring me...)
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Simon and Schuster, unfortunately, are probably the right people to contact.

But you might try with Adobe, just to see what happens.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Better still (says the Adobe person), try contacting the place you purchased the book from.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Better still (says the Adobe person), try contacting the place you purchased the book from.
Sorry for lack of clarity - the retailer is Simon & Schuster, in addition to being a book that they published.

Well, I'll try a fifth attempt at contacting them, I guess. *sigh*

Last edited by ATimson; 02-16-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson View Post
I've got about a dozen books that I can't download from Simon & Schuster; Adobe Digital Editions reports "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL", while Sony Reader reports "Adobe error (-1044)".

Who should I be contacting to get this resolved? (Hopefully not Simon & Schuster, since their customer service is just ignoring me...)
If you can't get it resolved in a couple of weeks and paid with a credit card, contact the CC company and ask for a chargeback. In my experience that does wonders to responsiveness of CS.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
The concept of having a dozen books I paid for and can't download boggles me... This technology is in such flux, and most publishers have no clue what they are doing. I would download one, make sure the download is successful, make sure the book displays well on my device, make sure it is worth the money I paid - and only then move on to buying the next.

No publisher will ever be into me for more than one book at a time...
Especially with their policy of no refunds even if they deliver the wrong book.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
ATimson
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
The concept of having a dozen books I paid for and can't download boggles me... This technology is in such flux, and most publishers have no clue what they are doing. I would download one, make sure the download is successful, make sure the book displays well on my device, make sure it is worth the money I paid - and only then move on to buying the next.
In my defense, these are titles that I purchased several years ago in MS Reader, and have successfully downloaded & "backed up". It's their ePub replacements which, while not strictly owed or required, I'm trying to acquire anyways.