Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
No High-Speed USB ?

The reader may comply with the USB 2.0 standard, but it does not seem to use the High-Speed flavor.

I tried to copy some, well, a lot of files back after some tests today: on the same SDHC card using the same USB port, the DR1000S was going to take over 50 min.(*), my card reader took under 10 min...

So if you have a high capacity card, preferably use a card-reader!

(*) And yes, the copying was proceeding at a snail's pace, it wasn't just the sometimes wildly inaccurate Windows estimate.

P.S.: Anybody tried connecting it on a Linux box? Mine (older Ubuntu) is not able to unmount it cleanly.

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 10-17-2008 at 08:18 PM.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
It struggles to mount on the MAC too. I think it doesn't wait long enough to ensure a connection.

I have found file transfer laborious too. I thought it was just me.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
veeraganesh
Enthusiast
veeraganesh began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s
I am using Ubuntu Fesity and it is very fast on copying 10-15 MB file sizes. How ever, tried to copy 27 MB file and it did struggle for a while. Unmounting was ok, but the reader doesn't respond to Unmount.
veeraganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeraganesh View Post
I am using Ubuntu Fesity and it is very fast on copying 10-15 MB file sizes. How ever, tried to copy 27 MB file and it did struggle for a while. Unmounting was ok, but the reader doesn't respond to Unmount.
Yes, had the Unmounting issue with Feisty Fawn as well, but just tested it with Hardy Heron and it is no longer an issue, among other improvements. Time to finally upgrade... but I might as well wait for Intrepid Ibex at this point.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
Yes, had the Unmounting issue with Feisty Fawn as well, but just tested it with Hardy Heron and it is no longer an issue, among other improvements. Time to finally upgrade... but I might as well wait for Intrepid Ibex at this point.
I know you're doing it for the sake of it, but Bad Lord! How ridiculous you must feel while typing all that..
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #6
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
I know you're doing it for the sake of it, but Bad Lord! How ridiculous you must feel while typing all that..
What?! I like my Ubuntu animals!