Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
issproevolution
issproevolution began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Pocket recipe failed on SSL (v2.16)

Hi!
I have one trouble with Pocket's receipe: it failed on download..
Here the report with Calibre 2.16:
Code:
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 2.16.0
{'asciiize': False,
 'author_sort': None,
 'authors': None,
 'base_font_size': 0,
 'book_producer': None,
 'change_justification': 'original',
 'chapter': None,
 'chapter_mark': 'pagebreak',
 'comments': None,
 'cover': None,
 'debug_pipeline': None,
 'dehyphenate': True,
 'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
 'disable_font_rescaling': False,
 'dont_download_recipe': False,
 'dont_split_on_page_breaks': True,
 'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
 'embed_all_fonts': False,
 'embed_font_family': None,
 'enable_heuristics': False,
 'epub_flatten': False,
 'epub_inline_toc': False,
 'epub_toc_at_end': False,
 'expand_css': False,
 'extra_css': None,
 'extract_to': None,
 'filter_css': None,
 'fix_indents': True,
 'flow_size': 260,
 'font_size_mapping': None,
 'format_scene_breaks': True,
 'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
 'input_encoding': None,
 'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x026D5710>,
 'insert_blank_line': False,
 'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
 'insert_metadata': False,
 'isbn': None,
 'italicize_common_cases': True,
 'keep_ligatures': False,
 'language': None,
 'level1_toc': None,
 'level2_toc': None,
 'level3_toc': None,
 'line_height': 0,
 'linearize_tables': False,
 'lrf': False,
 'margin_bottom': 5.0,
 'margin_left': 5.0,
 'margin_right': 5.0,
 'margin_top': 5.0,
 'markup_chapter_headings': True,
 'max_toc_links': 50,
 'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
 'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
 'no_default_epub_cover': False,
 'no_inline_navbars': False,
 'no_svg_cover': False,
 'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.OutputProfile object at 0x026D58F0>,
 'page_breaks_before': None,
 'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
 'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
 'pretty_print': True,
 'pubdate': None,
 'publisher': None,
 'rating': None,
 'read_metadata_from_opf': None,
 'remove_fake_margins': True,
 'remove_first_image': False,
 'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
 'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
 'renumber_headings': True,
 'replace_scene_breaks': '',
 'search_replace': None,
 'series': None,
 'series_index': None,
 'smarten_punctuation': False,
 'sr1_replace': '',
 'sr1_search': '',
 'sr2_replace': '',
 'sr2_search': '',
 'sr3_replace': '',
 'sr3_search': '',
 'start_reading_at': None,
 'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
 'tags': None,
 'test': False,
 'timestamp': None,
 'title': None,
 'title_sort': None,
 'toc_filter': None,
 'toc_threshold': 6,
 'toc_title': None,
 'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
 'unwrap_lines': True,
 'use_auto_toc': False,
 'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: Recipe Input running
Using custom recipe
Python function terminated unexpectedly
  <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)> (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 132, in main
  File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 193, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1041, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 241, in __call__
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\recipe_input.py", line 116, in convert
  File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 887, in __init__
  File "<string>", line 64, in get_browser
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 203, in open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 204, in open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 457, in http_response
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 221, in error
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 571, in http_error_302
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 203, in open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 204, in open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 457, in http_response
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 221, in error
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 571, in http_error_302
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 193, in open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1170, in https_open
  File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.5-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>
I uninstalled Calibre 2.16 and installed Calibre 2.10.. The same recipe works correctly with older version..
I think there is a problem with SSL verify with the newest Calibre..

I hope it will be useful to improve Calibre!!

Thanks for all!
issproevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there is no problem with ssl verify. The change is because calibre 2.16 moved to python 2.7.9

And python 2.7.9 actually verifies SSL certificates (older versions of python did not).

I'm not familiar with the pocket recipe, but if for some reason the cerificates pocket.com uses are not verifiable, then you can monkeypatch the python ssl module to disable all ssl verification, like this:

import ssl
ssl.create_default_context = ssl._create_unverified_context

stick that near the top of the recipe and you will get back the old python 2.7.8 behavior of not verifying ssl certificates.

Of course, this is not a good idea and the proper fix is to to figure out why the ssl certificates are not verifiable in the first place, but...
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
That doesn't actually appear to fix anything, I'm still getting the same error.

I'm wondering if the ssl issue is related to the bash bug that was found a couple months ago where now you shouldn't be using ssl at all because it can be exploited.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:38 AM   #4
issproevolution
issproevolution began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi Kovid, thank you for your support!
I tried to add those line to recipe but nothing changed. I tried to add second line both out all function and inside get_browser.. both failed..
Never mind.. I still using calibre v2.10 for a while until author's recipe fix it.. I should email him, I guess!!

thank you so much!!
issproevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
This SSL issue is cropping up in a number of places and the solution seems to come down to checking your own platform certificates. I am running Windows 8 and the latest version of calibre. If windows 8 is not auto updating my certificates, I haven't a clue what to do next. Not experienced enough to try the patch suggested to not validate certificates. In the meantime I have lost access to two major overdrive libraries via the overdrive plugin. Help would surely be appreciated by a number of folks.

See my post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=389
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As was suggested in the other thread, please look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931125 and install the Microsoft Update listed for YOUR O/S.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
As was suggested in the other thread, please look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931125 and install the Microsoft Update listed for YOUR O/S.

I thought I had by using the FIX-IT program recommended at the end of the page. This time I persevered in my ignorance and trust and finally got the KB931125 update downloaded. It worked. Many thanks.

a
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
WOOT So it looks like now have an answer for people with issues; ensure that their root certificates are current.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote