Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #271
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
You can't.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #272
shupiuiuma
shupiuiuma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
Doesn't seem to work.

The Developer Certificates Bundle are only for Kindle Paperwhite: Firmware 5.2.0 - 5.3.4

I do get the Cool Reader book on my Kindle OS Shelf, but when I click it the screen goes black for a few seconds and then normal again.

I've followed these directions:

Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collections Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip, unpack, copy cr3, qtKindle, usrapp directories to the Kindle drive root. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files from step 2). It's the most recent version update.
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.
I got the same thing. Kindle PW 5.3.8. Any solution to this?
shupiuiuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #273
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
CoolReader now works on PW2 (fw 5.4.0, SO, wifi-only). There is only a minor issue: after exiting from CR the home screen remains blank without covers, only the upper menu bar shows up. Going into and out from sleep mode fixes it.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #274
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
CoolReader now works on PW2 (fw 5.4.0, SO, wifi-only). There is only a minor issue: after exiting from CR the home screen remains blank without covers, only the upper menu bar shows up. Going into and out from sleep mode fixes it.
This issue was fixed a minute ago:
https://github.com/CrazyCoder/coolre...1ef1e87c42c33f .
Old 11-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #275
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
This issue was fixed a minute ago:
https://github.com/CrazyCoder/coolre...1ef1e87c42c33f .
Thanks a lot, it was really fast!
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #276
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
service!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #277
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Does anybody try to install coolreader on PW2?

Thanks ;-)
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #278
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Cool Reader works fine on PW2, I've added support for it several days ago.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #279
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I can confirm : I have it working mighty fine on my PW2 5.4.2
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #280
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great!, I'll install it soon.

Thanks for the answers! ;-)
Old 11-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #281
ersott
Evangelist

Installed and works fine

Old 12-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #282
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Installation Help?

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble figuring out how to install CoolReader on my PW2 running 5.4.2. I'm already jailbroken (thanks Yossarian17!) and running the Screensavers hack successfully (thanks, NiLuJe!)

The OP here says go to Collection Manager, but the thread there, if followed, says Collection Manager isn't adapted yet for 5.4.2. Or is the instruction here simply trying to say that I need to install the prerequisites for CM, i.e., Kindlet Jailbreak and Developer's Certificate?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

EDIT -- OK, reading every post of this thread, it seems the instructions are only talking about the prerequisites. So I installed them from NiLuJe's snapshot thread, and then followed the instructions here. I get CoolReader on my shelf, but when I open it asks me to select a document -- of which there are none. Nor do any of the actions in the Help file seem relevant. I'm sure I'm missing something basic (I see someone else asked this same question on this thread, but it was never answered). Do I have to move my books into a new folder?

NEW EDIT (I'm leaving all this up, in case it helps another Noob) -- tap and hold in the middle of the screen opens a list of books. Phew.

FINAL EDIT -- Make sure the book you're trying to open is a supported file (i.e., NOT AZW3). Lost some more time trying to figure that out!

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 12-02-2013 at 09:54 AM.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #283
ersott
Evangelist

How can i uninstall coolreader?, only deleting directories?, or maybe i must do something more.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #284
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Just delete the directories.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #285
ersott
Evangelist

Thanks crazycroder

I try to read with new features of jailbreak.

If don´t like it, I´ll back to coolreader