Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
cdpango
cdpango began at the beginning.

Device: K2i
anyway to change Kindle top/bottom margin?

Hello all. I am just wondering that if there is anyway to change the top/bottom (vertical) margins when reading mobi/azw, the default setting is too much for my taste. I know that the horizontal margins can be changed by editing the reader.pref file, it would be really nice that the vertical margins can also be changed somehow. Thanks!
cdpango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
restoring book title to header on k3

I would also like to know if there's a way to go back to showing the title and author in the header after the first page read as on the k2. I really don't like not having the book title visible on the k3. I've jailbroken and am using both the font and screensaver hacks. Thanks so much for those!
Janet
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
cdpango
cdpango began at the beginning.

Device: K2i
I will be quite happy if I can have the book title hidden on k2, which I always feel is a waste of the precious space. Amazon should really make these things (wide/narrow margin, visible/hidden title, etc.) customizable, sadly I think that is not going to happen.
cdpango is offline   Reply With Quote