Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Draccy
SciFi E-Book Fanatic
Draccy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 2
Calibre: Issue Sending to Reader

Hello,

I've been converting from various formats to epub, and have previously had much success with calibre. Recently, content that i convert and view in calibre will be successfully transferred to my device in mobi format. It shows the correct file size. When I try to access it on my sony reader prs-300, it shows up as 1 page. On that page is something that says page error.

has anyone else experienced this? I really like calibre and would like to keep using it!

I'm on the 0.6.44 version.
Draccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I did not think that PRS-300 supported mobi format? Do you really mean you are transfering the mobi format, or files converted to epub from mobi?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Draccy
SciFi E-Book Fanatic

I convert the files to epub first, using calibre. I can view the files using calibre from my hard drive, and using calibre from the device's memory. When I try to view the epub files on my reader, it shows only as one page.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Draccy, I have run into that problem several times as well in the past couple of months. It seems to occur most often when I am sending multiple books to my reader at the same time. For some reason one of them does not seem to fully copy over correctly. This especially seems to happen when I a am copying over several large files combined with some smaller ones. It is purely random which one does not copy over right. It can either be a large one or a small one. More often than not it seems to happen when the titles have similar words in the title. I just don't know. Maybe Calibre gets confused and accidentally aborts copying the similar title if it is in the same format. What I do is delete the bad copy from my reader and resend it by itself. That usually takes care of the problem. But it can be an aggravating problem, especially when that is the book you want to read at that moment and you are away from your computer. Perhaps if you send a message to Kovid, he might have an answer for you.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Draccy: That almost certainly because those files have some formatting that adobe digital editions (the software used to render the files on the reader) doesn't support.

I try to work around as many limitation of ADE as possible, but there's no way to get 'em all. I suggest opening a ticket on te calibre website and attach one of these files that when converted dont display in ADE. I'll see if I can find a workaround for whatever the problem is.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
Draccy
SciFi E-Book Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Draccy: That almost certainly because those files have some formatting that adobe digital editions (the software used to render the files on the reader) doesn't support.

I try to work around as many limitation of ADE as possible, but there's no way to get 'em all. I suggest opening a ticket on te calibre website and attach one of these files that when converted dont display in ADE. I'll see if I can find a workaround for whatever the problem is.
@ctol

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with this. I wasn't able to get it working using the one at a time method, so I'll share it with Kovidgoyal via the website.

@kovidgoyal

Thank you for taking the time to code such an application, and to respond to so many posts on here daily. I know that I appreciate calibre and use it on a daily basis to convert files and manage my reader. I'll ship a few examples with a ticket to you. Thanks!