Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Kobo Firmware 2.4.0

Just Synced my Kobo Glo and got firmware update 2.4.0. Testing to see if some of the major bugs are fixed.

Edit - Looks like the book cover issue when sleeping is fixed.

Last edited by kaikara; 02-14-2013 at 01:33 PM.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
Just Synced my Kobo Glo and got firmware update 2.4.0. Testing to see if some of the major bugs are fixed.
out of curiosity, approximately where are you located?
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Yay a new firmware!! I'm excited!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am in Ontario, Canada. Just tried Syncing my wife's touch with the desktop app and it didn't get the update.

Edit: Tried wirelessly syncing the touch and it didn't get the update that way either.

Last edited by kaikara; 02-14-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
kaikara
Zealot

All the release notes say is:

Version 2.4.0 1/28/13

1. Archive books to free up space on your ereader then download them again when you need them
2. delete books to remove them from your library.
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
ok cool. if you notice any more differences, let us know
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
All the release notes say is:

Version 2.4.0 1/28/13

1. Archive books to free up space on your ereader then download them again when you need them
2. delete books to remove them from your library.
FINALLY! Deleting books to have them not sync was ridiculous.

Edit: no "archived" folder in the kobobooks.com library yet though.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
kaikara
Zealot

Like the notes say. In the library view when you click on a book you have an option for delete and archive now. When you archive a book it stays in the list but had a little download arrow on the book picture. If you click on it it tries to start the wireless to download the book (or download it if the wireless is running). Only Kepubs have this option of course.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Looks like the book cover issue when sleeping is fixed.
Yay! Thanks for letting us know!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Quote:
Looks like the book cover issue when sleeping is fixed.
Yay! Thanks for letting us know!
How about the returning-to-the-wrong-page-after-exiting-and-re-entering-a-book bug?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
kaikara
Zealot

Another thing that was an issue for me. When closing a sideloaded epub and going back to the main screen, opening another book and then going back to the first book. Sometimes the bookmark was off by a number of pages. I tried two different books with the new firmware and it worked fine each time.

Mrs-Often - Ninja posted me. I only tried a couple times but it looks fine to me. time will tell though.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Like the notes say. In the library view when you click on a book you have an option for delete and archive now. When you archive a book it stays in the list but had a little download arrow on the book picture. If you click on it it tries to start the wireless to download the book (or download it if the wireless is running). Only Kepubs have this option of course.
Hmmm seems less useful than I thought... I thought it'd disappear to get less clutter, and then go to cloud or something to re-download and/or have an archived folder...

Quote:
Another thing that was an issue for me. When closing a sideloaded epub and going back to the main screen, opening another book and then going back to the first book. Sometimes the bookmark was off by a number of pages. I tried two different books with the new firmware and it worked fine each time.
Yay!

Quote:
Mrs-Often - Ninja posted me. I only tried a couple times but it looks fine to me. time will tell though.

*I was going for "the" ninja smiley but it seems to only exist in my imagination. Or wait, I'm mixing up the skype smileys with the ones we have here
Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
kaikara
Zealot

With the new firmware loaded and the updated desktop app (3.2.0) you get new functionality. You get a bar along the bottom of the library that shows the device connected and how much space is on it. Each book has an icon on it if it is on the reader. And you can remove them from the device if you don't want them there without having to delete them.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Just checked through wifi sync on my Glo and also plugging it into the desktop app and no update is appearing for me here one province over in Winnipeg.

Some of the niggling bugs with 2.3.1 are driving me nuts so I really hope 2.4 fixes them and is out soon...
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
How is sorting handled now for books that have had the series info added NOT by the metadata plugboards? Is the sorting by Title or Series / Series index and then Title?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote