Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #46
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Thank you Peter

Tis really different . .. Is it quite intuitive? Can you make your own tiles?
No. The tiles are predefined and appear based on what you have done. For instance, if you go to Shelves and Manage, then a tile will appear for that shelf on the home page. Likewise, if you open the browser, a tile for it will appear.

Tiles you don't want there, you can do a long tap on and select the remove from home page option.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #47
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I'm with you, and I won't say "different," I'll say "ugly." I thought the full size cover display was bad before in sleep mode with the banner across the top... little did I know they could manage to make it worse.

Looks like I'll be skipping another firmware update.
Ooops - misread your post.

Last edited by Willa; 06-07-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #48
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Its funny; loosing a line or two of content from the screen does not bother me at all. Just means maybe a few extra page turns in going through a book.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #49
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
No. The tiles are predefined and appear based on what you have done. For instance, if you go to Shelves and Manage, then a tile will appear for that shelf on the home page. Likewise, if you open the browser, a tile for it will appear.

Tiles you don't want there, you can do a long tap on and select the remove from home page option.
So what advantages are there for this type of screen over the old version?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #50
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Three attached; the home page and two showing sleep mode with one having full screen covers selected, and the other showing non full screen images.
You have got to be kidding. I would much rather have the banner across the top then that crappy Sleeping square. I don't under stand why they cannot just make a tiny banner in the lower right or left corner to indicate sleep or power off mode. This is just another example of the Kobo Programmers ignoring the common sense requests from the users!

regards

Jack

Ps

Thanks Peter T for posting the images... it is much appreciated.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #51
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
You have got to be kidding. I would much rather have the banner across the top then that crappy Sleeping square. I don't under stand why they cannot just make a tiny banner in the lower right or left corner to indicate sleep or power off mode. This is just another example of the Kobo Programmers ignoring the common sense requests from the users!

regards

Jack

Ps

Oooh - just spotted that square . . . tis rather unattractive . .
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post

regards

Jack

Ps

Or better yet, give us an option to completely turn off their sleep banner or box or whatever they think up next for it so we just see the book cover only. I already posted how ugly I think it is.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #53
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
One-click access to the things you do most often, perhaps? E.g. favourite shelves. Plus current book not disappearing from Home screen just because you downloaded 5 or more new books.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #54
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:

If you remove a tile, can you get it back later? How?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #55
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
If you accidently open a book you can dismiss the tile. I can be OCD, so I would sometimes go through the 5 books to get what I wanted back on the homescreen.....
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #56
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I'm not Peter, but I can tell you it is gone from epubs only. I actually like them, so I am glad that I have a format that has titles.
I just wish there was an option to turn them on or off. Then we could both be happy.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have no idea why this question is being ignored, so I'm going to ask again because an answer would be very helpful.

Is the wasted screen space at the bottom of the screen still wasted or has that been fixed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #58
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Or better yet, give us an option to completely turn off their sleep banner or box or whatever they think up next for it so we just see the book cover only. I already posted how ugly I think it is.
Again, another user option denied the customer. If they insist on displaying the info, a tiny 1/4" x 1" in the lower corner would be adequate. I, too, would like a cover-only sleep option.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #59
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Plus current book not disappearing from Home screen just because you downloaded 5 or more new books.
Thanks Jackie

Like the sound of this bit . .
Old 06-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #60
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
If you remove a tile, can you get it back later? How?
use whatever you dismissed again. ie, re-open the book or the browser.

this doesn't work for the "# of new books added" tile

or the shelves tile...you have to "manage" the shelf for it to show up (ie add a book to that shelf)

award tiles probably wouldn't show up unless you keep dismissing until they reappear.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote