Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
cpina
Enthusiast
cpina began at the beginning.

Device: none
[GUI Plugin] Import Mendeley Documents

This plugin imports Mendeley Documents into Calibre.

The plugin will import all the documents that are saved in the "Calibre" folder in your Mendeley library. The plugin uses Mendeley OAPI to connect to your account and retrieve the documents.

Installation:
1.- Download the last Mendeley-$VERSION.zip file
2.- In Calibre, press the "Preferences" button in the toolbar
3.- Press Plugin-ins
4.- Press "Load plug-in from file"
5.- Open the file that you downloaded in the step 1.-
6.- Restart Calibre
7.- The plugin is installed. You will have a new button in the toolbar that says "Import from Mendeley"

Usage:
1.- In Mendeley Desktop: create a folder called "Calibre"
2.- Add documents to your folder. In Mendeley, documents can exist in more than one folder (it's like GMail folders). (Mendeley tip: if you select a document you can see a subtle highlight in the folders list that indicates in which folders this document has been added)
3.- Synchronise Mendeley Desktop (button "Sync" in the toolbar. Mendeley Desktop synchronises automatically on each startup)
4.- In Calibre, press the "Import from Mendeley" button in the toolbar
5.- [the first time you will need to authenticate this application against the OAPI. You only need this once]
6.- Wait that the plugin fetches the documents
7.- The new documents will be tagged as "Mendeley" (use the Calibre left hand side pane to show only the Mendeley tagged documents).

TODO:
* If you delete one document from the Calibre folder in Mendeley: this document will not be deleted from Calibre
* More flexibility to indicate which documents should be added?
* Better error handling (when there isn't any connection, Mendeley OAPI is down, etc.).

If you have any questions, suggestions, problems, etc. please leave a comment or email me.

CHANGELOG (0.0.4, 29th March 2012):
-Mendeley "calibre" folder can be called "Calibre" (case insensitive
comparation)
-If no documents are found or no folder is found: shows an error message
-Avoids an error if some document doesn't contain any attachment
(previously it was stop syncing)
Attached Files
File Type: zip mendeley-0.0.4.zip (486.7 KB, 595 views)

Last edited by cpina; 03-29-2013 at 06:31 PM.
cpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
greeniron
greeniron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
This is a great idea but I can't get it to work. I've installed the plug-in, did the password/pin with mendeley, and created a calibre folder. When I use the plug-in, the job list detail shows "Starting job: Importing Mendeley Documents " but nothing further happens. I'm using calibre 0.9.21 on a mac.
greeniron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
cpina
Enthusiast

Hi greeniron,

I'll have a look today later on or during the weekend.

Thanks for trying it out!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
livia
livia began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Hi! Is it just me, or really is there a limit of 20 documents? I can add a lot of papers in the calibre folder but only a few get imported in Calibre... In that case, pleas DON'T implement the deletion from calibre folder!!
livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
cpina
Enthusiast

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by livia View Post
Hi! Is it just me, or really is there a limit of 20 documents? I can add a lot of papers in the calibre folder but only a few get imported in Calibre... In that case, pleas DON'T implement the deletion from calibre folder!!
There were a limit of 20 documents. I've fixed it in the 0.0.4 version:
http://pinux.info/calibre/mendeley-0.0.4.zip

I've also fixed a bug that caused problems (stop syncing) if a document didn't have an attached file. And if the "calibre" plugin is not found it will show an error message instead of doing nothing :-)

If you miss some feature/find some bug please let me know.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #6
peci1
peci1 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch 622
Doesn't work in Calibre 2.9

I've installed the plugin in Calibre 2.9 and it just doesn't work. If I find it in the plugins list and click "Configure", I get an error message saying I have to restart Calibre before I can use it. However, I've restarted Calibre several times before.
peci1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As nothing appears to have been done with this plugin since March 2013, I doubt it has been updated for calibre v4. This requires changing the plugin to use Qt5 rather than Qt4.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #8
cpina
Enthusiast

Hi - davidfor is correct: I should update the plugin to use Qt5 for Calibre and also to use the new Mendeley API (it changed to OAuth2 instead of OAuth and the API is different).

Is there interest to use it? If so I'll try to do some time soon (no promise of a deadline...).
Old 04-05-2016, 01:21 AM   #9
kadikadikadi
kadikadikadi began at the beginning.

importing meta-data and pdf from Calibre to Mendely

Hi Cipna,

I am interested in knowing how you did import plugin script, so that meta data and pdf could imported to Mendeley. Can you help me with that?

Thanks
K
kadikadikadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #10
cpina
Enthusiast

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadikadikadi View Post
Hi Cipna,

I am interested in knowing how you did import plugin script, so that meta data and pdf could imported to Mendeley. Can you help me with that?

Thanks
K
As mentioned Mendeley API changed (like a year ago) and I should update the plugin again. At the moment is not working.
When it worked it was a one-way syncing from Mendeley to Calibre: was fetching Mendeley PDFs and making them available in Calibre.

If there is enough interest I might update it at some point, not sure if I'll have time though.

Best regards,

Carles
Old 10-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #11
euleralves
euleralves began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW2
I use Mendeley and Calibre for my books and papers. Both have their perks and drawbacks.

Even this plugin is not working at the moment, I want to thank you in advance for you future and previous effort. I hope you will take time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpina View Post
Hi,

As mentioned Mendeley API changed (like a year ago) and I should update the plugin again. At the moment is not working.
When it worked it was a one-way syncing from Mendeley to Calibre: was fetching Mendeley PDFs and making them available in Calibre.

If there is enough interest I might update it at some point, not sure if I'll have time though.

Best regards,

Carles
euleralves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:54 PM   #12
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As a workaround, import your Mendeley metadata and documents into Zotero, then use the Calibre "Zotero Metadata Importer" plug-in to update Calibre with the (new) Zotero PDFs plus their metadata via the Zotero standard CSV export file.

The ZMI ToolTips are the "user instructions". You must install ZMI to read them.

The Original Post may be found at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275476

There are currently ~570 ZMI users.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mendeley