Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
You Can Now Pre-Order the Oberon's Kindle2 Covers

You can now pre-order the Oberon covers for the Kindle 2!
http://www.oberondesign.com/store/kindle2M.php

Last edited by Lilly; 02-13-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

The Sky dragon is coming in so small; it wants to be by itself, so here's another picture of the dragon!

Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow they are pretty!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
I'm so glad to see the site is fixed! Those are absolutely gorgeous. I may have to re-think my decision for an M-Edge as the Hokusai Wave is calling to me.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
I would pre-order this second, but I'm still waiting for the "Roof of Heaven" cover to be made available as a Kindle cover. As of right now it's only available as a Large Journal cover, but Oberon has stated that they will be making it available as a Kindle cover.

I have a "Tree of Life" cover for my K1, if you've never seen one in person, no photo could ever do it justice! It is beautiful, as are all the Oberon covers.

Here's a pic of the "Roof of Heaven" journal cover:

nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Here's a larger pic of my "Tree of Life" cover:

That photo doesn't show it, but the design wraps all the way around the cover.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Lilly
Guru

My Kindle 1 had the Sky Dragon cover and since I sold it with the cover so I can get the Kindle 2, I can not get the Sky Dragon again (it would be to painful). I plan to stick to red family though, I have pre-ordered the red Sun! The Sun is also a wraparound cover!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
nelamvr6
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
My Kindle 1 had the Sky Dragon cover and since I sold it with the cover so I can get the Kindle 2, I can not get the Sky Dragon again (it would be to painful). I plan to stick to red family though, I have pre-ordered the red Sun! The Sun is also a wraparound cover!

Have you seen a pic of the entire image?

This is the Journal version, but the image is the same...
Old 02-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
Lilly
Guru

Thanks nelamvr6, I've seen it. What I really want to see is a picture of the back with the cover close. It does not seem to be separated 50/50 front/back, it looks like 75% of the Sun is in the front! I've been begging the people that has the Sun for the K1 to post a back picture.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
MattEcho
MattEcho has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MattEcho has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MattEcho has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MattEcho has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
I would pre-order this second, but I'm still waiting for the "Roof of Heaven" cover to be made available as a Kindle cover. As of right now it's only available as a Large Journal cover, but Oberon has stated that they will be making it available as a Kindle cover.

I have a "Tree of Life" cover for my K1, if you've never seen one in person, no photo could ever do it justice! It is beautiful, as are all the Oberon covers.

Here's a pic of the "Roof of Heaven" journal cover:

According to the link, the "Roof of Heaven" will be available next week for pre-order on Kindle 2. I imagine it would be available to order for Kindle 1 as well.
MattEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
nelamvr6
Zealot

Excellent news!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
round 2
round 2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 1 & 2 home
they are very nice. did you notice no velcro option. though with clear corners on it corners will work.
s
round 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
So, does anyone know, are these going to support the new cover attachment slots on the K2... or are they just going to have the corner straps like the K1 versions?

Are these nice soft leather? Anyone have the K1 version?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:22 AM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, does anyone know, are these going to support the new cover attachment slots on the K2... or are they just going to have the corner straps like the K1 versions?

Are these nice soft leather? Anyone have the K1 version?

BOb

If you go to www.kindleboards.com, there are lots of pictures of them.

I don't think they are "soft" leather....they couldn't be with all that embossing. They might be a little 'stiff'.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If you go to www.kindleboards.com, there are lots of pictures of them.
There are pics of the K2 versions on the inside already? Really? That was fast that someone would have it. This morning the site said they didn't even have K2 covers yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I don't think they are "soft" leather....they couldn't be with all that embossing. They might be a little 'stiff'.
Yea, that's kind of what I thought. I would prefer a nice soft leather... sort of like the leather covered Moleskine.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote