Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #451
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180113

That index
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #452
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
It is there already.

Tools -> Manga.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 05-24-2013 at 05:02 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #453
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
sure. I knew that. But you asked...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #454
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I thought that he was talking about some other index :-)
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #455
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I reworked the swipe gesture a little bit.
I don't know if I just reinvented the wheel, but I like the result.
It reminds me the nook fast refresh mode.

Here's a small video (sorry for the poor quality)!

silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #456
plittlefield
plittlefield began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5
Hi Folks

My first post, so be gentle :-)

I have a Paperwhite 5.3.5 and... alas, the Komic extension does not get installed.

I can confirm that I have KUAL installed and it starts fine.

I get to #3 of the instructions...

3. Restart your Kindle using Menu > Settings, Menu > Update.

...however, when I eject and go back to the Kindle, the option to "Update Your Device" is GREYED out.

:-(

So close... any ideas?

Paully
plittlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #457
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by plittlefield View Post
Hi Folks

My first post, so be gentle :-)

I have a Paperwhite 5.3.5 and... alas, the Komic extension does not get installed.

I can confirm that I have KUAL installed and it starts fine.

I get to #3 of the instructions...

3. Restart your Kindle using Menu > Settings, Menu > Update.

...however, when I eject and go back to the Kindle, the option to "Update Your Device" is GREYED out.

:-(

So close... any ideas?

Paully
Please post the first 4 characters of your Kindle's serial number.
(That identifies the specific model in terms used by the updater.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #458
plittlefield

Hi

B024

:-)

Paully
Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #459
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi there!!!
Komic ATM doesn't support kindle paperwhite.
You can't install the update just because it isn't packed for the paperwhite!
The only way to install komic to a paperwhite it to use the source code and manually install it following the install script.
Anyway, I really can't promise you anything as I can't test it!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #460
plittlefield

Hi

OK, so I run this...

Komic/src/install/install_komic.ffs

...is that correct and is there anything I need to do before hand to prepare?

Paully
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #461
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK, so I run this...

Komic/src/install/install_komic.ffs

...is that correct and is there anything I need to do before hand to prepare?
**NO**
(not the application source, the package source)

@plittlefield, @hmuryj

When the author says "does not support", then it probably does not.
But Silver18 does not have a Kpw to test on, so it may be helpful to give some feedback.

Use the KindleTool to unpack the package, read and follow the install script "by hand".
Do not be surprised if it does not work, just like the author claims.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #462
silver18
THE NOOB

That's exactly what I meant!
In addition: please be sure you understand what you're doing. I'm not responsible for any problem!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #463
plittlefield

OK, so now I am confused.

silver18 says I am doing the correct thing... in other words, I have unzipped the original downloaded file, gone into the src/install directory. I now see a few files...

-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 6.0K Feb 22 17:25 file__0.localstorage
-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 4.9K Feb 23 11:51 install_komic.ffs
-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 281 Feb 22 18:45 komic_event_handler.conf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 1.9M Feb 23 13:21 komic.zip
-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 142K Feb 23 12:29 readme.zip

Do I just run the install_komic.ffs file which will put the files onto the PW via USB direct instead of (the traditional way of) getting the PW to use the update.bin file.

However, now knc1 says different, and says not to use the application source, but the package source...

...which I think is probably correct too, but it seems that the author of Komic has written a handy .ffs file to do the same thing?

Can one or both of you clarify that before I go doing something I regret.

FYI, I am only doing this to be able to read CBR files.

I am very happy with my PW and maybe I should just use Calibre (loving that) to convert it instead of this jiggery pokery possible brickery.

Paully
Old 06-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #464
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by plittlefield View Post
OK, so now I am confused.

silver18 says I am doing the correct thing... in other words, I have unzipped the original downloaded file, gone into the src/install directory. I now see a few files...

-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 6.0K Feb 22 17:25 file__0.localstorage
-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 4.9K Feb 23 11:51 install_komic.ffs
-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 281 Feb 22 18:45 komic_event_handler.conf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 1.9M Feb 23 13:21 komic.zip
-rw-rw-r-- 1 paully paully 142K Feb 23 12:29 readme.zip

Do I just run the install_komic.ffs file which will put the files onto the PW via USB direct instead of (the traditional way of) getting the PW to use the update.bin file.

However, now knc1 says different, and says not to use the application source, but the package source...

...which I think is probably correct too, but it seems that the author of Komic has written a handy .ffs file to do the same thing?

Can one or both of you clarify that before I go doing something I regret.

FYI, I am only doing this to be able to read CBR files.

I am very happy with my PW and maybe I should just use Calibre (loving that) to convert it instead of this jiggery pokery possible brickery.

Paully
Better to beleive the author when he says "will not work".

Convert your documents. Calibre is not the only choice.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #465
plittlefield

Sorry, another thing.

I forgot to say I am running this from an Ubuntu Linux Terminal shell on my PC.

I am not logged into the PW directly or anything fancy like that.

I have not copied or unzipped any files to the PW yet.

I have successfully jailbroken the PW, and have the Komic files on my PC ready to do something with.

That's it.

Paully

Tags
launcher add-ons