Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #241
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Sadly, this thread is suffering from the "vids or it didn't happen" syndrome. :-(

All my "dithermation" stuff needs to be on youtube.

Someday RSN.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #242
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
This is the way with the gaming generation

FWIW. I have watched your demo enough times for probably 100 people.

; D
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #243
futaris
futaris began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just ran it on my Kindle 3 Keyboard. Impressive enough.

Perhaps people will be more interested when they can do this on their popslates.
futaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #244
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by futaris View Post
Just ran it on my Kindle 3 Keyboard. Impressive enough.

Perhaps people will be more interested when they can do this on their popslates.
How did u do this?

How do u use ssh?
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #245
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12345 View Post
How did u do this?
Start at first post of page 1, read until you reach this post.
The directions are in there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12345 View Post
How do u use ssh?
As in: How do you install it? Read the USBnetworking thread.
As in: How do you use it once it is installed? A good question for your favorite web search engine - include the keyword describing your OS in the search.

When in serious doubt - try the prefix index for the places we might have indexed.
That is hidden in a sticky at the top of this forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #246
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast
sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch
Video rolls?

Hi. I ran gmplay with some of the included videos and it worked perfectly.

However, when I tried to convert my own, the picture does a strange rolling thing. I tried using different video formats, different resolutions, different kindles (kindle 3 and 5 main), and two different computers. Always the picture rolls, whether it's from a file or nc.

Sorry, I know this is operator error, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I compiled raw2gmv with tcc, if that matters.
sean.fosterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #247
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.fosterbrown View Post
Hi. I ran gmplay with some of the included videos and it worked perfectly.

However, when I tried to convert my own, the picture does a strange rolling thing. I tried using different video formats, different resolutions, different kindles (kindle 3 and 5 main), and two different computers. Always the picture rolls, whether it's from a file or nc.

Sorry, I know this is operator error, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I compiled raw2gmv with tcc, if that matters.
You may have the image larger than 800x600. The raw2gmv program assumes that it is raw 800x600 grayscale 8bpp input video with no headers or metadata. It gets rotated to 600x800 during conversion.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #248
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast
sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You may have the image larger than 800x600. The raw2gmv program assumes that it is raw 800x600 grayscale 8bpp input video with no headers or metadata. It gets rotated to 600x800 during conversion.
Thanks for the fast response, but no - the command I'm using is basically the one you specified for playing a local file:

Code:
ffmpeg -i lmi.avi -pix_fmt gray -f rawvideo -s 800x600 -|/root/raw2gmv|nc -l 5555
I attached a few pictures of what I mean. One is from the middle of the movie, and shows the bottom-to-top rolling. One is from the beginning, and shows the left-to-right rolling. Oddly they do both at once - I would expect one or the other but...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130309_180439.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	717.4 KB
ID:	102706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130309_180931.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	758.0 KB
ID:	102707  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #249
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will have a look into this tomorrow if I get the chance or RSN if not
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #250
geekmaster

Quote:
Thanks for the fast response, but no - the command I'm using is basically the one you specified for playing a local file:

Code:
ffmpeg -i lmi.avi -pix_fmt gray -f rawvideo -s 800x600 -|/root/raw2gmv|nc -l 5555
I attached a few pictures of what I mean. One is from the middle of the movie, and shows the bottom-to-top rolling. One is from the beginning, and shows the left-to-right rolling. Oddly they do both at once - I would expect one or the other but...
Try piping some of the ffmpeg output to a file. You can just encode a few seconds to keep it small. Then try feeding the file to the raw2gmv transcoder.

If it does not work, zip up that raw file (or a portion of it) and post a link to it so I can look at it. I need at least a few frames of video in the raw file. Thanks...

I suppose it COULD be a tcc problem. I use gcc for my x86 compiles. There is a code:blocks installer that includes it, ready to go (with IDE even)... I usually use command line builds though (batch files), except when debugging...

Get the installer with mingw:
http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/binaries

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-09-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #251
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast

Quote:
Try piping some of the ffmpeg output to a file. You can just encode a few seconds to keep it small. Then try feeding the file to the raw2gmv transcoder.

If it does not work, zip up that raw file (or a portion of it) and post a link to it so I can look at it. I need at least a few frames of video in the raw file. Thanks...

I suppose it COULD be a tcc problem. I use gcc for my x86 compiles. There is a code:blocks installer that includes it, ready to go (with IDE even)... I usually use command line builds though (batch files), except when debugging...

Get the installer with mingw:
http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/binaries
Okay - I piped ffmpeg to sample.raw then played it with raw2gmv and nc to my kindle - I got a slightly faster frame rate, but still rolling.

When I use gcc to compile raw2gmv it seems a little better - when it works. sample.raw played rolling with raw2gmvtcc but didn't display at all with raw2gmvgcc. nc worked better with gcc, I think it only rolled side to side.

EDIT: Actually no, raw2gmvgcc works just the same as raw2gmvtcc. I attached sample.gmv.gz, it was made with raw2gmvgcc and behaves the same as earlier gmv.gz files I've made with raw2gmvtcc.

I attached sample.raw zipped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sample.zip (16.61 MB, 210 views)
File Type: gz sample.gmv.gz (14.21 MB, 200 views)

Last edited by sean.fosterbrown; 03-09-2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Mistaken about raw2gmv [tcc vs gcc]
Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #252
geekmaster

Quote:
... I attached sample.raw zipped.
I extracted sample.zip, then opened it with IrfanView as a RAW 800x600 8BPP grayscale image. Then I saved it as JPG:

That demonstrates that the first image in the raw sequence looks good. Then I reopened the raw file as 800x6000 (ten frames tall). I resized it to 100x750, and saved it as JPG:

It appears (to the naked eye) to be a good RAW file. It might have some embedded metadata farther down the stream, though.

But at least it LOOKS (mostly) good. The problem may be with your raw2gmv program. Please attach the source and binary that you used. Thanks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-10-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #253
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast

Quote:
The problem may be with your raw2gmv program. Please attach the source and binary that you used. Thanks.
I copied the code fromthis post into notepad++, saved it as raw2gmv.c and compiled it with tcc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip raw2gmv.zip (3.8 KB, 200 views)
Old 03-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #254
twobob

Quote:
I copied the code fromthis post into notepad++, saved it as raw2gmv.c and compiled it with tcc.
Here's one I made earlier... (also a 32 bit PC version in there)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_119.png
Views:	254
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	102733  
Attached Files
File Type: zip raw2gmv.zip (6.5 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by twobob; 03-10-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #255
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Here's one I made earlier... (also a 32 bit PC version in there)
Thanks for the help, but no - videos behave exactly the same. I think this makes no sense.