Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #481
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nothing's turned up in my (UK) nook library from Fictionwise yet.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #482
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
It's sad that they've so badly mishandled such a great opportunity to make a good impression to new customers.

Still waiting for my books in the UK too.
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #483
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Finally got my code (US), had to wait over a month and then given code with 3 days to use it.

Also had Two Towers show up in place of LoTR like everyone else.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #484
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Finally got my code (US), had to wait over a month and then given code with 3 days to use it.

Still no code for me, also in U.S.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #485
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
Quote:

That's ridiculous--there's a three day deadline? I know smartphones are all the rage these days, but it's plenty conceivable that someone might not check their email every ninety seconds all day and all night long, or might be traveling for the holidays, or on vacation in Fiji or something.

I count myself lucky if my mother remembers to do it once a week (and yes, I've finally convinced her that ebooks are a good thing, as her arthritis makes holding heavy hardcover books painful and difficult.)
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #486
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Nothing's turned up in my (UK) nook library from Fictionwise yet.
Ditto ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #487
alism
Connoisseur
alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD, Kindle 3, KPW,
Quote:

At least that gives me hope that I still might get a code (US). I got the fictionwise email the day it came out and still no code for me.
alism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #488
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Same for me with LOTR vs. Two Towers, and have e-mailed BN. I'm not optimistic based on other folks with the same problem, but will provide an update if anything happens.

Maybe folks could post any other "mis-transfers" on this thread. I, for one, have a LOT of books that transferred over, and it will take me a long time to open each one to see if it's what it purports to be, and/or to match them up and see if anything's missing or wrong. I'm doing a few a day, but don't have time to do a lot, so would love to hear about any others to check first

Like most of the rest of us, I do have them all backed up, but mostly in FW's ereader format, so would like to have the BN epubs, since they offered to do it....
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #489
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Same for me with LOTR vs. Two Towers, and have e-mailed BN. I'm not optimistic based on other folks with the same problem, but will provide an update if anything happens.

Maybe folks could post any other "mis-transfers" on this thread. I, for one, have a LOT of books that transferred over, and it will take me a long time to open each one to see if it's what it purports to be, and/or to match them up and see if anything's missing or wrong. I'm doing a few a day, but don't have time to do a lot, so would love to hear about any others to check first

Like most of the rest of us, I do have them all backed up, but mostly in FW's ereader format, so would like to have the BN epubs, since they offered to do it....
I called them, not emailed, about the Two Towers mixup on Friday, and they said they would have it fixed in 3-5 business days. I'll post an update when I get one.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #490
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Maybe folks could post any other "mis-transfers" on this thread.
My other missing book is Hunter-Healer by Lilith Saintcrow and the book I think I got instead (since it wasn't in my FW library is How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove. They won't help me by email and say I need to call in, but I haven't had time to at this point. I have backups of the books so I'm not as motivated as I could be to call.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #491
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
My other missing book is Hunter-Healer by Lilith Saintcrow and the book I think I got instead (since it wasn't in my FW library is How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove. They won't help me by email and say I need to call in, but I haven't had time to at this point. I have backups of the books so I'm not as motivated as I could be to call.
My missing book is Justice by Debra Webb.
They gave me Colby Justice by Debra Webb instead.
Totally two different series. One is from the Athena Series which is a Silhouette Bombshell book by Harlequin and the other is from the Colby series which is a Harlequin Intrigue.

I guess I could see how they could get it wrong.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #492
adullday
Enthusiast
adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adullday ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The wrong edition of The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror, by Christopher Moore, was transferred to my B&N library. The edition I purchased, Version 2.0 (yes, it's called Version 2.0), contains a short story not in the first edition. I reported this and the Two Towers problem to Barnes and Noble and they said to be patient and the rest of my books would arrive. When I told them that the problem wasn't about missing books, but about the wrong books, they referred me to Fictionwise. Fictionwise told me to be patient and the rest of my books would arrive.

>sigh<

I assume they must be overwhelmed with support requests, and I can't imagine that they could be clueless about the Two Towers problem, so I'll just open a new pair of tickets and see what happens. Fingers crossed, got my lucky rabbit's foot, and maybe I'll dig under the snow and try to find a yellowed four leaf clover.
adullday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #493
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stil no books in my UK account.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #494
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

<off-topic>

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Stil no books in my UK account.
What's happening to your avatar?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #495
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
What's happening to your avatar?
I was murdered. See Episode 6.