Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
has anyone yet commented on how glare free the T2 really is?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
If I weren't already happy with my T1, I'd probably be interested in this.

My preferences for an e-reader are pretty plain. I just want to put books on, borrow library books, and have an SD card so I can put on my own e-pubs that I bought at other places. (I pretty much only use calibre as my grand central for my books)

The T1 already allows me to tag books for collections, and as long as I can search for titles and search for phrases within books, I find that has already exceeded my basic expectations for books.

I do hope they keep making the lower-priced models with just the basics. Even if some styles of e-readers have expensive bells and whistles on them, as long as they keep something basic around I am happy. Much like my Kindle, I chose the most basic (economical) model they have. I like the simplicity of books.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #18
tereza18gr
tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nonne
Harry Potter's first book? Seriously?
tereza18gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
The idea of managing books form a web-based interface gives me shivers.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tereza18gr View Post
Harry Potter's first book? Seriously?
Hey, last year that would have been a great draw. Which makes it a match for the rest of the T2 feature set which makes it a good match to last year's epub readers like the Nook STR and Kobo Touch.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
It looks nice, but I like my physical buttons on my prs-t1 so no upgrade for me. As much as I enjoy touch models, I need buttons. Too many flying insects around here, they make a touch display a nightmare. Ideally I'd want a device with buttons on both side (a la kindle 4 or nook st), with a switchable touch option (so it can be non-touch when I am reading outside), wifi, running on an android based hackable firmware, with a front-lit display, and with whispersync to my kindle books.

This will never happen.....
The T2 has physical page turn buttons in the photos. Do you have a source for the idea that it doesn't?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I can't find it now, but somebody here posted a link to the T2 user manual. It clearly shows physical page turn buttons (see page 47 if you manage to find it).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
OK hands up. Who actually wants their ereader linked to their FB account?
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Well, not me, but no one would have to enable it, if they didn't want to. I love the look of the new Sony. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, if I needed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
The more social features a reader offers, the more I am likely to forget they are there.
I just wanna read.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Not interested. I'd rather a color screen with a back glow of some kind for night reading. the T2 is a disappointment for me. I'll have to wait for the T3 next year and see ...

Quote:
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #27
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Well, it's not a feature I would have asked for, but since most of my friends on FB are my actual friends, and they're all readers, I can see myself using it.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
I find the matte black option and Evernote functionality very appealing.

Anyways, here's an early review from ebouqin. The original's in French. Here's the translation:

http://translate.google.com/translat...se-complete%2F

Last edited by pssquirrel; 08-19-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Not interested. I'd rather a color screen with a back glow of some kind for night reading.
What you are describing is a tablet with an LCD screen and they exist now. So go get yourself one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #30
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I can't find it now, but somebody here posted a link to the T2 user manual. It clearly shows physical page turn buttons (see page 47 if you manage to find it).
Here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=150

The manual simply says buttons, not what type.
The french review does says they are actually physical buttons but they don't like them.
Quote:
Even if the touch screen has become the standard for two years for Sony eReaders (thanks to the excellent zforce infrared interface), the PRS-T2 has not lost its control buttons. Always five in number (Previous / Next Page, Home, Back and Menu), their design has been completely revised, and not in the best way. First of all, aesthetically, this choice makes the buttons very visible. In addition, the touch is not pleasant and does not return a very solid (although this point is to relativize having had a prototype in hand). Finally, their small size is not ergonomic.
They're looking to be rubber chiclet buttons from the high-res pictures of the red reader.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ebouquin/7801343714/

Definitely a step back in buttons.

Last edited by fjtorres; 08-18-2012 at 08:18 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote