Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
herbycanopy
herbycanopy began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5IT Android 500GB
Updating Metadata without and ISBN

Is there any way to update metadata without the ISBN? Any type of addon or anything at all? If not then does anyone know of a program that can look up the book information of a ebook based on the author and title metadata?

I have about 325 ebooks and some of the info is missing like summary and ISBN but the Author and Titles are right. I really do not want to have to search the web for all the ISBNs by hand.

Aloha
Herby
herbycanopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre looks up metadata with just and author and title
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I cant even do that with Calibre at the moment - it wont retrieve anything! Even with the isbn.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
you can find the ISBN with a search engine yourself usually if calibre doesn't
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre used to do get the ISBN automatically, but since a couple of days ago my calibre doesnt seem to be able to access (download) anything to do with metadata!
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Calibre used to do get the ISBN automatically, but since a couple of days ago my calibre doesnt seem to be able to access (download) anything to do with metadata!
Assuming you are trying to grab something other then a unknown short story, it should work. It sounds like your box is limiting access from Calibre. Maybe your firewall, anti-virus or anti-malware is locking Calibre down.

Can you fetch any newspapers via the fetch news feature?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
When I read this yesterday, I checked, and metadata download worked correctly for me. There was a short period, perhaps 24 hours long, where the GoogleBooks lookup wasn't working - Google was down or had changed something - but that wasn't the issue. I'd check your firewall, router, etc.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:16 AM   #8
Pushka
Wizard

Hey there, I am all good now. Kovid suggested that the proxies were being hijacked and to fix them up. Google was my friend and told me how to do that!