Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #46
Z3r0r3aD'/
Z3r0r3aD'/ began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
agh!! I am this close to buying the PE on amazon. price is still holding at 200. still nervous. i just found out about entourage from my school bookstore. the other day. they sell the EE with a huge markup. but it caught my eye, so i started doing research, found out about the PE got excited about it, now the company might be going on under! i better just click buy huh?
Z3r0r3aD'/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #47
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
You can get the EE for around 460 (or 340 w/Amex rewards points like I did) at several places. It's not as small as the PE, but once you see a PDF on a 9.7 inch screen...

Whichever one you choose, go ahead and update it to 2.2 and enjoy it as long as it and the company lasts. Heck, it'll be obsolete in 2 years or less anyway so it won't matter.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #48
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
5thWiggle -- Congratulations, and way to go! Do they still sell the PE at Staples (through their website)?

Z3r0 -- I know how you feel! I got excited about the EE when I first read about it. Took me a year to get my PE (I'm not a student and I didn't "need" one ), with lots of reading and forum-lurking in between. Hope your wait isn't as long, and that you like it (either size!) if you get one.

Zombie -- It sounds like all is okay in your world. No regrets??
(By the way, have you signed in to the entourageedge.com forum? Sure would like to see you there . . . <wink, wink, nudge, nudge> . . . )
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:15 AM   #49
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post

Zombie -- It sounds like all is okay in your world. No regrets??
(By the way, have you signed in to the entourageedge.com forum? Sure would like to see you there . . . <wink, wink, nudge, nudge> . . . )
No regrets. I do have the "won't wake up out of hibernation" problem some others have but it's not a huge deal yet.

I have been lurking over at the edge forums just haven't register yet. Will do today.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #50
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Two quick questions. The HD storage is 8, 4 and 3GBs? I've seen all three in various reviews/videos. Can you turn pages w/the stylus or only w/the buttons? Oops, three and four: is there a consensus on a light for the PE? for screen protection (my QT7 is getting some marks I attribute to the restive touch screen)?

Oh, and... I punched the Amazon BUY button!!

The positives simply outweigh the negatives and my whole life seems to be a "learning curve" anyway.

Even considering the bigger display for maps the EE is just too big for my needs. I really like the 7" screen on my Android device.

As Zombie says, it'll be obsolete (as will I) in two years or less. Haven't lurked the eDGe forums yet but will join this evening. If reflective of this forum...wow! another pro.

Thanks all. Be checking in soon.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #51
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Can you turn pages w/the stylus or only w/the buttons?
Can't help you with HD because I have an EE and don't know about PE, but yes, you can turn pages either with the stylus by taping the on screen menu at the bottom of the page (in Reader or Journal mode) or with the hardware back and forth buttons.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #52
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Haven't lurked the eDGe forums yet but will join this evening.
Oh, man... are you in for something.

You'll find light/screen protection posts a plenty there.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #53
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Quote:
The HD storage is 8, 4 and 3GBs? I've seen all three in various reviews/videos.
Does "HD" means "hard disk"? The Edges both have 4 GB internal flash memory, of which 3 GB is accessible to the user. Both accept SDHC (standard and micro) SD cards for up to an additional 32 GB storage. You can also plug in USB memory sticks and external USB hard drives.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #54
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Woohoo! Grats, CharlieBird! I was wondering what you had decided.

If you mean while using the e-ink side for reading, not only can you use the stylus in the ways Sarah mentioned, but you can also drag a percentage slider across the bottom of the page, or tap the # symbol and tell it to go to a certain page (just like the Sony Reader).

If the book is in your eDGe "library", you can tap the info symbol at the top of the page which will open the table of contents on the LCD side. The ToC (probably not available for some books, but so far all mine have had one ) has icons across the top that you can tap -- with finger or stylus -- to see where all your notes, highlighted sections, and attachments (e.g. web URLs) are in that book, as well as giving you chapter headings that will take you to the start of those chapters.

Good luck, enjoy, and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #55
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Took me a year to get my PE (I'm not a student and I didn't "need" one ), with lots of reading and forum-lurking in between.
Thanks, Filark. I thought I was inordinately indecisive but I don't think I've ever taken a year to make up my mind. Really looking forward to 'unboxing' my PE.

Borisb, yeah, I did mean hard disk, and I just saw on Wikipedia—as you say— 4GB, with 3GB user available. But the problem w/SD cards is you have to have root and then a program for moving Apps to the SD card. I've never been able to get an app-moving program to work on either my QT 7 or my Android phone even though I have super user capability on both. Still three GB is okay for my limited usage of apps. Much more than my QT has.
d
Old 04-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #56
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

The Ermine update included Android 2.2 (Froyo), which we thought would give us the ability to install apps to the SD card. The option is there, in fact, but users are reporting it doesn't actually work.

I have a ton of apps installed, and still have about 1/3 of my app storage space (a total of about 322 Mb I believe) free, but some users are running out. Must be what app you install.

The main limit of the 3 GB is actually book storage in the Library. If you have a lot of PDFs, you may run out of space. When this happens, you can migrate the Library storage from internal to an SD card - opening up 32 GB of Library storage. Note that you should not add videos, music or images to your Library as this is not necessary to access to them; it is only necessary to add an item to the Library if you wish to create a link to it in an EPUB or PDF.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #57
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Well, well, that is interesting because most of the app-moving programs specify 2.2. Both my devices are 2.1 and I've only found one program that "supposedly" works w/2.1, but works with neither of mine.

But it sounds like I'm in high cotton because even though my apps tend to be MB heavy I usually have very few books in my Library at one time, have probably a total 6 or 7 PDFs, seldom load music or video and would probably not link to them anyway.

Seems I'm in for a fine time with my PE. You have one of each and no other reader? Student?
d
Old 04-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #58
borisb
Addict

I'm a software engineer I wasn't interested in ereaders until I saw the 10" eDGe.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #59
Dr. T
Dr. T began at the beginning.

Device: EnTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
... I have an EE and don't know about PE...
Yet.

You'll break down and get a PE soon enough
Dr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #60
Filark

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I'm a software engineer I wasn't interested in ereaders until I saw the 10" eDGe.
That's funny! I was only marginally interested in tablets until I saw one combined with an ereader.