Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
tristanja
tristanja began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy problem with USB transmission option

Hi, I have a problem with selecting USB transmission option.. When I turn on my iriver and connect it to the computer the transmission option page won;t show... It always loads the main page (with menu and ebooks), so I can;t connect by the USB... What should I do to make it work properly? Can anybody help me, please? I'll be glad for a response... Sorry for my english.
tristanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
Make sure both computer and story are both fully booted. Then plug in usb cable to computer then the story. Make sure that the cable is fully pushed in on the story. Wait for your computer to see the external usb storage device that is the story's internal memory. This should happen quite quickly.

If that doesn't work tell us what type of story you have and what computer operating system that you are running.

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
tristanja
tristanja began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy

Hi, unfortunatelly it wont work. On both of my computers. Both USB 2.0, win7. It's not about my system, there's smth wrong with the iriver.

A transsmision option won;t show at all.

Instead I have the main page right after the "power on..."
http://portable-ebook-reader.net/wp-...ry-300x300.jpg

Doesn't matter if I connect when it's on or when it's off it's always that way...

What the hell... When I first powered it on the "choose the connection option" or however it's named page showed for a sec... But it was too fast to do anything and now it's just not showing up... What can I do...
tristanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanja View Post
Hi, unfortunatelly it wont work. On both of my computers. Both USB 2.0, win7. It's not about my system, there's smth wrong with the iriver.

A transsmision option won;t show at all.

Instead I have the main page right after the "power on..."
http://portable-ebook-reader.net/wp-...ry-300x300.jpg

Doesn't matter if I connect when it's on or when it's off it's always that way...

What the hell... When I first powered it on the "choose the connection option" or however it's named page showed for a sec... But it was too fast to do anything and now it's just not showing up... What can I do...
I don't have a windows 7 system but on earlier systems this is likely caused by a failure the first time and you accidently selected don't tell me about this device again or some such message. You need to view the list of hardware (On windows XP this is a right click on the My Computer and select Property and then hardware. I don't know where it is on Windows 7. Once you are on the screen look for entries with a yellow ! beside them and delete the entry to tell it to look again for the connection.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iriver story