Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #136
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
My order status for the Paperwhite has changed to "Shipping Soon".
So did mine (paperwhite wifi without SO's, est delivery Oct 3rd)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #137
booknerd391
booknerd391 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
You can order now from Amazon to have one in the system and shipping queue. Then go to BB and other B&M stores to see if they have them. If one does buy it and cancel the Amazon order. If not, you will get one from Amazon as fast or faster than BB will probably get them.
That's exactly what I did. I have it pre-ordered on both amazon and best buy. I called my local best buy and they said it should arrive on Oct. 8, but when I went in person they had no idea.... Ugh...
booknerd391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #138
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
An image as evidence ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-30 at 5.45.51 PM.png
Views:	128
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	93115  
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #139
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by booknerd391 View Post
That's exactly what I did. I have it pre-ordered on both amazon and best buy. I called my local best buy and they said it should arrive on Oct. 8, but when I went in person they had no idea.... Ugh...
Yep, you can ask 5 different BB people the same question and get at least 10 different answers! I'm pretty sure that one requirement for getting hired by BB is total cluelessness and the complete lack of ability to overcome it.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #140
jswinden
Nameless Being

Mine was listed as "Shipping Soon" when I checked early this morning but just now updated to "Shipped." There is a serial number now associated with it too.

It will be interesting to see what the scheduled delivery date is once UPS has it in their possession. Mine is shipping from Chattanooga, TN. Wonder if it will be taking the Chattanooga Choo Choo? (Old country song for those wondering...)
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #141
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
thanks for current info..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #142
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
My order has shipped!

Delivery is October 2, 2012
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #143
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Wallflower, no! Don't mess with your order! Amazon usually treats that as a "cancel and re-order" and you may end with an even later delivery date..
*sigh* I know... *gets mop for cleaning up drool*

I am excited about hearing the first hands-on reports, though. It'll give me something to look forward to, because this next week is going to be a killer for me. Yet another reason why I'm not changing my order--I'll hardly have time to breathe, let alone read!
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #144
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
I don't feel so bad now expending more energy on the acquisition of devices and ebooks than I do on reading. ;-)
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #145
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I've been charged and my kindle is being prepared to be shipped. I have free super saver shipping so it will be awhile!
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #146
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I ordered the PW with NO Special Offers. It still shows a delivery date of Oct 11.
Identical situation here (10/10) and I ordered within 10 minutes of the site going live on 9/6. Others who ordered on 9/7 have received shipping notices. Amazon's lack of shipping based on order receipt really ticks me off. A day or two is acceptable but a WEEK? No!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #147
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Mine has shipped. Delivery tomorrow.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #148
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
I ordered 2 PWs without offers on the 6th and then cancelled on the 8th and ordered 2 with offers to move my delivery up from the 11th to the 3ed. One of the two has shipped and the other has not according to my order. Both are from the same order transaction and both show a delivery date of the 2nd. Neither has a serial number (I actually have 4 kindles associated to my acct since the first cancelled order still shows up on my device list - hope that sorts out ok).

Regarding the first come does not equal first served lameness, I played it in my favor for the blue case. It had a delivery date of the 31st on the 8th when I ordered but I have been checking every now and then and today a new order shows a delivery date of the 3ed so I ordered it. Once I get it I'll cancel my other order assuming it comes first (and I expect it will).

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #149
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
My delivery status says "dude, stop bugging me!"
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #150
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just got a shipping email. Estimated delivery of the 2nd instead of the 3rd.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote