Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #121
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The store libri.de is available in the current release, and the store Ebook.nl will arrive in the next release (0.8.10).

If anyone attempts to buy something from either of these stores, could you PM me with the date so I can check if all the connections are working? I don't need to know what you bought or how much you spent, but it would be useful to know if the purchase succeeded. I am concerned that something might be broken because libri.de is showing some 25 get-books-views/day but zero transactions.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #122
Z_reader_H
Member Retired
Z_reader_H began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
@Z_reader_H, Sony is a no go unfortunately. They require you to use their desktop software to make the purchase. One reason I won't include Sony is their software is Windows only (calibre runs on multiple OS's) so this store won't be useful to many users.
Yes, I suspect Sony is another wannabe publisher who doesn't fully grasp their market (DRM, proprietary format,...)
Z_reader_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #123
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
@CRussel, There is no way to force Amazon to search only the US store. The plugin search amazon.com. If Amazon wants to use Geo IP and send different search results then there isn't anything I can do about it. If someone knows a way to have Amazon only return US results (I'm told that this is the case if you search a country specific tld) then I can make this happen. Otherwise the only way to do so would be to log you into Amazon before performing the search. This would not be easy to do.
Yes, I think it would require an option to log in to the account. I'm in the US this week, so I can't test it, but I might have a workaround by using an external browser. Since I have a cookie there that gets me the correct geo store.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #124
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
With this announcement https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...92#post1656392 you might want to consider http://www.kobobooks.de
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #125
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
@CRussel, another option would be to use a US proxy or VPN end point so it always looks like you're in the US to Amazon.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #126
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
@CRussel, another option would be to use a US proxy or VPN end point so it always looks like you're in the US to Amazon.
I've thought of it, but honestly, I can't see myself doing that just to check book availability. When I browse to Amazon directly, I have no issues at all. It's only when using this Get Books feature. So I'll buy directly, obviously.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #127
useruser
useruser began at the beginning.

Device: prs-650
I'd recommend
www.bol.de (with their partnerprogram one gets access to the 6 programs for buch.de, buch.ch, bol.de, bol.at and lion.cc)

Come back at me anytime if you need need help with anything in german as it's my native tongue.

Last edited by useruser; 07-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.
useruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #128
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by useruser View Post
I'd recommend
www.bol.de (with their partnerprogram one gets access to the 6 programs for buch.de, buch.ch, bol.de, bol.at and lion.cc)
Thanks for the recommendation. I have considered building a plugin for bol, but haven't done it yet. I am watching traffic on the three existing (non-amazon) .de stores, seeing if it will pick up. When applying, the stores often request clarification because get-books isn't a normal affiliate, and having good traffic rates helps with the argument.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 AM   #129
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Amazon UK, Amazon DE, EPubBuy DE

Both Amazon DE and Amazon UK changed their websites, breaking the store plugins. Corrected plugins are in calibre 0.8.12.

EPubBuy.de requested that the store be removed, which was done in calibre 0.8.11. They changed their web site so that searches using previous calibre versions return no results.

Finally, heartfelt thanks to all of you who buy from the EU stores I support. I very much appreciate it.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #130
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
EPubBuy.de requested that the store be removed, which was done in calibre 0.8.11. They changed their web site so that searches using previous calibre versions return no results.
Was a reason given?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #131
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Was a reason given?
Yes. The increase in traffic from Get books was not translating into an equal increase in revenue. The load on their servers was not justifiable for them to be part of Get books.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #132
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Yes. The increase in traffic from Get books was not translating into an equal increase in revenue. The load on their servers was not justifiable for them to be part of Get books.
Thanks. It's their decision, of course, but it does seem odd. Most online businesses will do anything for more traffic.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #133
ryanpl
ryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it isryanpl knows what time it is

Device: Nook Classic
Any idea why the Get Books icon disapeared from my 0.8.9 version of Calibre?
ryanpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #134
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanpl View Post
Any idea why the Get Books icon disapeared from my 0.8.9 version of Calibre?
Did you connect a device and it disappeared? I don't believe it's on the device tool bar.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #135
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
This is a fabulous Calibre feature. Thank you SO much for spending your time on it.

I see there were previous requests for fictionwise.com and some concern was expressed about their viability. They're still there, and still offering great discounts. I buy from them regularly, and would love to see it included. (Sorry if it's already included and I just missed it; I'm not seeing it.)
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary