Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
mr.rason
mr.rason began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
ONYX BOOX will release in Sept.

Hi buddys. I am a new comer here.

I had heard of that ONYX will release their new product ONYX BOOX in Sept. I hope they had improved so much than they are in Cebit this year. There's some information about ONYX BOOX in website and their hardware specification bellow, someone who is interesting can find more exciting news.

By the way, ONYX also released their offical blog and forum but little information till now.I hope they can release news in it or on mobileread. From their community, they also release their reference SDK inforamtion and I suppose that ONYX will allow developers to do lots of good trys in BOOX.

ONYX Blog:http://www.onyxcommunity.com

From the blog's comments, ONYX BOOX will support web browser directly with English and Chinese.I suppose that mean you can search in google from the ONYX BOOX with built-in WIFI.

ONYX SDK reference: http://dev.onyxcommunity.com/sdk_ref...annotated.html
http://forum.onyxcommunity.com/topic/3

ONYX BOOX offical Spec:

* 6″ E Ink® Vizplex® EPD screen
* Touch panel with full screen scribble
* 8-level grayscale
* 532MHz processor
* 128MB RAM
* 512MB internal storage
* USB 2.0 with OTG support
* SD/MMC with SDIO and SDHC support
* 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
* Built-in WiFi support
* High-capacity li-ion battery (read more than 8000 pages without recharging)

More information about ONYX will coming soon

Last edited by mr.rason; 08-25-2009 at 10:53 PM.
mr.rason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Are you a representative from Onyx? If so, your post sounds very spammy.

If you are a representative from Onyx, then you need to be upfront with our very DISCERNING Membership, or they will abandon you quicker than you can say Audry Niffenegger.

Further, if there is an association, my suggestion is you start new, let us know who you are, tell us about yourself and become a part of our community of open honesty and sharing of information.

NOW: On the other hand - regardless of whether there is an affiliation with Onyx or not, I would LIKE TO WELCOME YOU TO MOBILEREAD. Ours is a community of readers who enjoy talking about ebooks, ebook devices, and issues related to ebook technology and ebook culture. We have an incredibly large library of FREE ebooks that you are welcome to download for your iLiad Reader. (We also have a Forum devoted to your Reader that you might want to check out.)

Have fun!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-26-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
mr.rason
mr.rason began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hi Don.

I am sorry to give such bad impression. I hope that if I have changce to be one of the member of ONYX but not yet. I had ever used ONYX BOOX in cebit and it gave me deep impression though I had got iLiad and also I am using it now. For more features, I hope BOOX can satisfy my requirements.

I am new comer of Mobileread so I need time to know the rule and also I will download iLiad books here and also feedbooks.com.
mr.rason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Be Szpilman
Fetch that LRF
Be Szpilman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Treo 650
I've been on the watchout for this baby, the Boox, for some time now. Seems a good promise. But let's see if it holds up.
Be Szpilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Yes, I rather liked it when I saw it on the CeBit too. But right now, my money is burning a hole in my pocket... not sure if I can keep it in for another month...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.rason View Post
Hi Don.

I am sorry to give such bad impression. I hope that if I have changce to be one of the member of ONYX but not yet. I had ever used ONYX BOOX in cebit and it gave me deep impression though I had got iLiad and also I am using it now. For more features, I hope BOOX can satisfy my requirements.

I am new comer of Mobileread so I need time to know the rule and also I will download iLiad books here and also feedbooks.com.
No problem, mr. rason! I guess you're just very enthusiastic about the Onyx Boox. That's good!

Please make yourself at home and ask any questions you might have.

Also, drop on over to the Introduce Yourself Forum. There will be a lot of Members to welcome you and to say "hello."

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If you are a representative from Onyx, then you need to be upfront with our very DISCERNING Membership, or they will abandon you quicker than you can say Audry Niffenegger.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:30 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
I wondered about this joke.
I know she is TTW author.
Is it a new American joke or something?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
bjrnfrdnnd
Connoisseur
bjrnfrdnnd began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360˚
release?

Any news about the release date of the boox?
It's nearly november now, it should have been released in september.
Anyone knows whether one can buy one of these devices somewhere?
bjrnfrdnnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Hi,

Onyx Boox have released Boox 60 in Europe now. I am currently in charge of opening US markets. We are mainly concentrating on bulk orders. However, we do keep a small supply in case we would like to sell off a few samples for marketing purposes. If you want to purchase one for this purpose or are looking to become a distributor of Onyx Boox in the United States. Please send me an email.

--
Mike Hu
Sales Manager
mikehu@onyx-international.com
CES Expo Booth No: 12042
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx