Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-07-2006, 04:29 AM   #1
Marian
Marian is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 1 & 3, Dell Axim x51v, Iliad.
Bookeen eInk Reader

Check out the Bookeen website, it looks as though they're discontinuing the Cybook and introducing a new eInk reader.
Marian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Great find, Marian!

Here's a link to the relevant article.

And this one too.

This is excellent news. More the merrier. Cheaper e-ink through economies of scale. Better selection of reading devices and more options that way.

Say, this e-reading stuff might just catch on!

Last edited by NatCh; 12-07-2006 at 11:14 AM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
And it's in French! My goodness me!

NatCh I hope you were'nt starting to doubt eink would catch on?

The specs look pretty much like the STAReBOOK's. Release in 4 to 6 months. SONY better release the PRS in Canada soon because I might be temted!

I wonder what price they'll ask?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
NatCh I hope you were'nt starting to doubt eink would catch on?
Goodness me, no!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
I don't think they are offering this for sale, but offering to make it to someone's specs for specialized applications or for that someone else to sell, much like ETI makes the eBookwise hardware and also has a custom reader for the government. If you want to see this thing hit the shelves, I think you need to encourage eBookwise, Barnes & Noble (since Borders appears to be alligned with Sony and Amazon is doing their own) or some other book seller to look into it.

Some nice potential specs, but at this point, it is only potential.

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Looks like the minimum order is 200. I wonder what the wholesale cost is at that quantity? If a touchscreen could be added, I could just see some enterprising group porting Einstein to this device and reselling them.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
Looks like the minimum order is 200. I wonder what the wholesale cost is at that quantity? If a touchscreen could be added, I could just see some enterprising group porting Einstein to this device and reselling them.
Could we make a group purchase at MR so we each have one?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
Melf
Enthusiast
Melf began at the beginning.

Device: TTX, SmartQ7
Looks good, especially the "customer choice"
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #9
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I'm all for the group purchase!
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I'm interested.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #11
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Me too
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 AM   #12
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
The second generation is made in Taiwan.
The WinCE.Net based device is named "mobinote".
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
So we should order 200 with everything?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #14
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Depends on the cost... and remember, they aren't shipping yet.

I would really want a stylus input with any device I get. Doesn't need to be the fancy Wacom screen the iLiad has (especially since they don't use the pressure sensitivity), but it's just really helpful for being able to select text, mark up docs, tap out search strings, etc.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
Depends on the cost... and remember, they aren't shipping yet.

I would really want a stylus input with any device I get. Doesn't need to be the fancy Wacom screen the iLiad has (especially since they don't use the pressure sensitivity), but it's just really helpful for being able to select text, mark up docs, tap out search strings, etc.
That means we'd have 4 to 6 months to put our resources together and maybe our programmer friends could write up some neet apps. for it? I'd be happy to design a cheap cover for it! And build it!